Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I'd better get my arris into gear and go do Horsey chores. Now, where to put two filthy wet dogs, now I have a clean house...?
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Coo-eee! Only me!

Who turned the lights out then? 3pm and it's black as black outside - and we've just had an impressive hailstorm.

Didn't check in this morning as I went off the the potato day in Nottingham! Hurrah! Thought I might have seen Zaz, but no.

Called at the GC on the way back for a decadent spent of 3.98 on a packet of carrot-seeds-on-tape and a packet of spring-onion-seeds-on-tape. Mum bought me a jasmine house plant because - and I quote - 'it wasn't nearly as boring as I thought it would be'.
      Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 25-01-2014, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• we got the works now,horrible weather,and so blooming dark,recon it's going eastwards,been plots,the ground it really soggy,this is not good when you got itchy fingers,and things to do,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• After our jaunt out this morning just north of Nottingham, it was unbelievably wet in the fields at the sides of the roads. It was lovely weather whilst we were out, but I think we were lucky - it clouded over south of Burton then started raining just by Lichfield.

Slightly brighter now - will venture out shortly to get a paper and some milk.

Comment

• Blummin wet here now. Torrential waves of rain, anything loose (not women ) being hurled aound the garden and hurled back again. The paths have turned to gloopy mud that sucks your wellies orf yer tootsies.
            Comforting Coffi anyone?

Comment

• Thanks VC,not to strong thankyou,have my own milk and sweetners,the bad stuff seems to have passed now,thunder in January by gums
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Sun's out now, so I'm nipping up the road.

Domino says thank you for all your good wishes, by the way.

Attached Files

Comment

• Afternoon we've had a fair bit of hail stone today plus it was dark by 2.30

Hazel, Dom looks cute on the bookcase.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Took eldest grandson to the Burns Museum and the Cottage earlier today as they have volunteers acting as Burns father, mother etc. giving conducted tours and he has a school project on Burns to be completed next week Unfortunately the weather turned foul before we could visit the old Alloway kirk and Brig a Doon so we will go back tomorrow and get some more photos. I have a photo similar to attached taken about 45 years ago - funny how time flies.

He is coming round later to play chess but I am now sitting back relaxing with a bottle of McEwans Champion about to watch the Liverpool game
                    Attached Files
                    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Whew, finally back from the dog adventure afternoon. 8 owners and their dogs - we had to split into two teams and complete challenges with our dogs. Rosie was a disgrace for the sit and stay and was great at the retrieve a kong from a bucket of water - she kicked over the bucket of water to get the kong. We all got caught in the huge thunderstorm with hail at the end of the session so now Rosie and I are very wet and tired. Great afternoon though.
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Glad you had fun, Jeanie.

We managed to get the last of the Horses in just before IT started. It was just like you see in a film; you could hear the roar of the storm in the trees for about ten minutes before it arrived. The most sensitive of the Horses were really wound up, and edgy.

Then the rain came, slowly and in big spots at first, then heavier and with gusty wind. I drove home in high wind and thunder, with lighting flashing all around me, and hail-stones. Mental! The poor dogs were so stressed when I got home. I ended up having to pin Osc to the ground to stop him throwing himself about.

It's calmed down a bit now, but my ruddy washing isn't going to dry any time soon. Knew I should've got it in before I went out.
                        Last edited by Glutton4...; 25-01-2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Seems like we've all had the storm at some point in the afternoon. I just managed to get the washing in from the line before it started. Still raining and the wind is wild. We've had home made cheese burgers for tea, I'd forgotten how good they taste. Strengthened my argument for not buying the processed ones. Glad you enjoyed your afternoon Jeanie. I think it was very clever of Rosie to tip the bucket up! Just waiting for my golden girlies to arrive and then for some fun. Hope you all enjoy your evening.
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Ah! You can't beat home-made burgers, can you Flo? I'm hungry, got any spare?

Comment

• ..well- I'm just waiting for the storm to hit us then!

good side is that I managed to weed the herb patch today- and found chives ready for cutting!!!..
                              Yey!!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• wind FF??..cut out the J artichokes gal!!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X