Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the subject a little; does anyone know anything about calculators? I have a desk calculator, and it's suddenly stopped working. I wonder if the solar panel thing has died, or the rechargeable battery, maybe. I know it's about fifteen years old, and I can get a replacement for under a tenner - but I like this one, it's a bit like an old friend... Yeah, I know, Nutter!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Try it under bright light before you write it off G4 - mine came out of the dust mountain to do my tax return last week and I needed to put it in very bright artificial light to get it working but it was fine after a while.
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• OMG....does that mean I'm solar-powered? I work better in the sunshine/bright light too...

To make pancakes, or not to make pancakes
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Evenin all

Geez Bill that's some real tidal action at Meadfoot cannot place what look like beach huts in the second pic',is that Ansty's Cove ?
          Will have to have a meet up & a beer or two next time I'm at Hesketh Cresent as I reckon you must be close to there bud
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
            OMG....does that mean I'm solar-powered? I work better in the sunshine/bright light too...
            It was my SAD light - I forget to use it most of the winter but always feel better when I remember!

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
              Evenin all

Geez Bill that's some real tidal action at Meadfoot cannot place what look like beach huts in the second pic',is that Ansty's Cove ?
              Will have to have a meet up & a beer or two next time I'm at Hesketh Cresent as I reckon you must be close to there bud
              Ansteys is the cnext bay round from meadfoot to the left, the bay to the right is Torquay harbour. I am at wellswood just behind the Kents pub and yes those are beach huts (or were lol) In fact they are just below Hesketh creescent.

In the pic of the house falling down, that is taken from Babbacombe pier.The house is at St Marychurch.
              Last edited by Bill HH; 03-02-2014, 10:38 PM.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Mornin all!

*tiptoes about the place as everyone seems to still be in the land of nod....
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Nicos, Big Ears here, heard you tippy toeing Fine, dry and wow, it's getting light, Spring must be on the way. Have a lovely day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Not me! I'm waiting for dinner to cook.

Have to pop down the road in a min, as one of my neighbours has some squash and assorted veg (they're on the river so have water) and I'm a lucky one. I'm eyeing their sweet corn off as I drive by each day

Sit down everyone, so you don't fall over in shock - it's cold today! Woohoo - had to shut the window today as it was TOO cold. Bliss. Another day of the same (need to do some fencing for the horses) and fencing for the chooks (or rather the garden) so will be cracking on early if I can get son out of bed early enough!

Back to heat again after that tho

Fire is up to 2100 ha now, but it's gone quiet on the fire site. So annoying that you can't find out what is going on. A friend in Vic was evacuated today because of a fast moving grassfire, but they are back home again this evening.

Best of luck to your boy Jules with the secret fiancee. Love her moniker
                    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Maisie and I were woken this morning by some scary noises coming from the bathroom- her tail puffed out and I had to find my dressing gown and put on my specs.

Crept along the landing to the bathroom. It was Rosie! Eating the cat's biscuits in the bathroom. How on earth did she get there -out of her crate, through the hall door, through the baby gate and up the stairs?

I must have been very dozy last night - the crate door was shut but not secured and all the other doors were open. Still, she slept in the crate all night and only started adventuring at 7.20.

Comment

• Morning we've got sunshine so the washing in the machine nearly ready to be hung out.

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                        Changing the subject a little; does anyone know anything about calculators?
                        Have you tried turning it of and on again, doesn't that work for everything
                        Originally posted by Feral007 View Post

Sit down everyone, so you don't fall over in shock - it's cold today! Woohoo - had to shut the window today as it was TOO cold.
                        Enjoy the weather and the veg
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Today is the grand finale of our crazy golf tournament,winner buys the drinks,but overall loser cooks dinner & as I am already 2 down that will be me,to that end I got a couple of nice fresh swordfish steaks from the fish market yesterday

Trust nobody was hurt in that landslide Bill ? I guess that pub is near the cavern will deffo have a meet up in the summer bud that's only a short walk from where I stay

Anyhoo if the weather where you are is not all that good you can cheer yourselves up with a mental image of me getting beaten at silly golf by Mrs BB
                          Last edited by bearded bloke; 04-02-2014, 08:17 AM. Reason: plankism
                          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Morning all - doesn't look to bad outside - off to the library shortly to complete the indexing of their historical documents and books - thereafter back to the kitchen to finish off paintng etc.
                            Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                              Morning all

Trust nobody was hurt in that landslide Bill ? I guess that pub is near the cavern will deffo have a meet up in the summer bud that's only a short walk from where I stay
                              There have been huge signs for months warning of the danger, rocks are rolling down all the time some bigger than a car, and yet a few weeks ago i saw a man send his children half way up it so he could photograph them! Sometimes i despair.

I am pretty sure Kents caverns run under our house, me being the glass half empty type fully expects our entire building to fall into it one day. Yes we will have to meet up, i would love to show you round my little patch.
                              Last edited by Bill HH; 04-02-2014, 08:36 AM.
                              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Planning to get up early with son and fix some fencing along the gully - it's 20 feet deep in sections -so we can put the horses in there. There's no grass this side of the farm, but they might find enough to pick at for a few days over there. I have some hay coming in 2 weeks, so need to keep them going till then. They get a hard feed in the evening, but they like to pick most of the day.

Then we will try to clean off the hall and I'll leave son to start painting while I go in and take daughter to get her L plates (hopefully) and will give her a first lesson in the paddock basher on flat ground, since it has no handbrake Not that she needs L's to drive in the paddock but I dare say she'll eventually graduate to the road. She's scared of the logging trucks, which is not unreasonable.

BB hope Mrs BB isn't too hard on you

Shen hope your painting goes well.
                                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X