Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a rough night, I took a peek through my kitchen door fully expecting to be green house and poly tunnelless but they are still there. Roast beef for dinner tonight that should put some ink in my pen.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Morning All.....What a night!! Bl**dy awful. Only change today is that it's daylight - the weather is the same, possibly worse. There has been mention of the broken sluice gates in our village on national tv this morning. They've been broken as long as I can remember, but if they'd been open some of the water would have had somewhere to go down the river, out to sea.

The cats insisted on coming in through the window last night. They fell off several times, giving me a heart attack each time, and sending me racing down two stories to let them in through the front door and check them over. The rain was lashing, just a sheet of water down the windows, they had no grip on the sill and, after last year's big prune, they don't even have the climbing rose to break their fall. Why they even went out in that weather was beyond me. Both catflaps were ignored.

Coffee?
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Please to coffee , a sudden noise like that can and does give one a start in middle of the night. Not too much rain here through night but wind still mad!
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• Again we're relatively fortunate with the weather - although it was very wet and windy last night. We have wind but no rain at the mo, and I've put the washing out, although anchored well with extra pegs so I don't have to knock the neighbours doors to go and collect later.

I could go to the Hill - but the only thing I could do is dig a couple of leeks and celeriac to eat this week, but I can't justify the petrol if that's the only thing I'm going out for.

So I'm going to nip up the road for the paper then home for an afternoon in the sewing room. Cushions to make (nothing like as lovely as Jules') and maybe some knitting later.

Comment

• Hazel, I'm contemplating more jam-themed aprons. Some beautiful strawberry print fabric arrived in the post yesterday.

The BH has just discovered that, faced with hard, driving rain, our windows leak. Oh joy....

Shall I sew, or just sit and hug the coffee pot?
            Jules

Comment

• I've just been eating some left over filling of a baked cheesecake - yum!

Even your carb free lot could have it (with a substitute for the sugar?) I would have thought, Jules - consists of double cream, eggs, sugar, lime juice & zest. The recipe has it in a pastry case, but it's just as yummy without!

Comment

• Aaaaaaarternooooooon Peeps. Went out to the Stables this morning, with an empty car, and came home with a Dog. Like I need another one! T'is Archie the Dalmatian; our walking companion. His owners are doing some family visiting today, and didn't want to take him, so I said he could come here. Can't get in the kitchen now - it's full.

Still it's given me an excuse to put off cleaning it for another day. Coffee?
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                  I've just been eating some left over filling of a baked cheesecake - yum!

Even your carb free lot could have it (with a substitute for the sugar?) I would have thought, Jules - consists of double cream, eggs, sugar, lime juice & zest. The recipe has it in a pastry case, but it's just as yummy without!
                  Hazel, that is spooky. This very minute I am sat, dawdling over coffee, wondering whether to go to L!dls for cream cheese for that very purpose.

I was just looking at low carb cheesecake recipes last night. The BH loves baked cheesecake. I like the refrigerator ones, myself. Fruity topping is easy to sub - fresh berries puréed with a little sweetener. And I can make almond pastry for the base. He'd love it!

Please can you post the recipe, if you have it? Fank chu.
                  Jules

Comment

• Oh stop it you two - I'm hungry now!

But I haven't eaten yet, so that may be why...

Comment

• Afternoon, I've finally decided I've had enough of IE and the problems I've had opening pages so I'm now using Chrome, Seemed to have spent ages going through my many bookmarks in folders and ditching those thats either dead or I've lost interest in.
                      It might take a bit of getting used to but at least pages open
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Doing a seed swap preparation session today...7 peeps armed with seeds, old books to rip into seed packets, labels and scissors.

Had a busy sesh in the kitchen this am
                        One fruit cake, 2 apple and Ginger Dorset apple cakes, and 2 chocolate and coconut Dorset apple cakes!

That should keep the workers quiet for a while!
                        .... I need a nap now!!!!!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good move, Bren! You won't regret it.

Nickers, you've been busy. But, have you managed to find my extra spaces yet?

Comment

• G4 xx is xx spaced xx out who would have noticed
                            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Afternoon all..
                              Bit worse for wear today after being out rather late last night... Went for a nice meal and then what was supposed to be a "few"....cue getting home at 4am

Good win for Ireland in the rugby yesterday... Sorry my Welsh friends
                              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Afternoon, I've finally decided I've had enough of IE and the problems I've had opening pages so I'm now using Chrome, Seemed to have spent ages going through my many bookmarks in folders and ditching those thats either dead or I've lost interest in.
                                It might take a bit of getting used to but at least pages open
                                Better late than never with the Chrome Bren.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X