Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll take some pics when it's done, and share them tomorrow. Meanwhile, I'm off to play with pencils. Catch ya on the morra. G'night Peeps.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• We have Rosie with Jeanie, Bill and Chick and now we have G4s cake. Well done chuck, can't wait to see it.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Hello and welcome to the vine Derwentside
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yay - G4 made cake and we have 3 vine Rosies

And if it rains a lot tomorrow my garden is going to flood again
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Hi Derwentside.

Hope your meeting went better than the one I went to last night. I baled after 1 1/2 hours. Same problems, same no solutions, same frustration. And to think that I missed going to an information evening at teh school followed by P&C meeting What a shame!

Been up early and dropped daughter for the drama excursion (was 6am this morning not 5.30 am like last time) Now home to think about what to do about the dogs. Wombat holes all under the fence and can't stop him. The kelpie finally put 2 and 2 together and got out under the gate. Luckily the chooks were hiding under the van at the time so he didn't notice them. Need to proof the fence somehow

I have purchased some hot paprika, pepper, chiili flakes and am prepared to do warfare. I think some vinegar sprayed around as well!
            Oh and filling in holes of course, but unless we can deter the wombat that's a pointless exercise. Here's hoping he doesn't like his condiments. They suggested Napthalene, but I'm sure that would be nasty for the chooks.
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
              Hope your meeting went better than the one I went to last night. I baled after 1 1/2 hours. Same problems, same no solutions, same frustration. And to think that I missed going to an information evening at teh school followed by P&C meeting What a shame!
              Feral,

It went better than I expected which probably was the result of my low expectations rather than the actual outcome - however many of the items of lesser importance were agreed without too much dissent and it was agreed that the 2 major items would be discussed at the AGM in May rather than being voted out at Committee level so my frustrations are muted. The Council seem to have backed down in their opposition to sheds on site so I regard this as a major victory as I was a lone voice in the wilderness or rather the Committee regarding the injustice of the Council position on this issue up until this about face. Even now most, although not all of the Committee, oppose their provision but the die is cast and they will have to give way come the AGM.
              Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Did someone mention cake and vin rosé?
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Morning Each, fine and cold here, have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin to you too!
                    Same here Flo.....seems a bit strange to wake up and hear the morning chorus rather than rain bouncing off the window!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• bright and cold in sunny Aberdeen. Just scraped the frost of the cars and the wind is the kind that gives me a really sore face . Nice to see the shiney though

Comment

• Morning all....

We had snow yesterday evening and it settled for a while...In fact I think I caught it at the perfect time just as I got home from work
                        It was just starting to snow heavier and settle when I went for my run..It was on the road I live on which is quiet, so was not slippy or sludgy from cars.....Was actually enjoyable running in it apart from the odd flake in the eye!

It's all gone now tho
                        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                        sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Cloudy here but at least it's dry (for now). I am itching to get started in the garden and at the lotties but everywhere is so wet. Fed up of vacuuming and cleaning the house. Seems pointless most of the time, you only have to turn round and it looks like you never started. At least in the garden you get a few days grace before the weeds start popping up to destroy all your good work.

Tried doing a bit of hoeing on one of the allotments a couple of weeks ago. All that seemed to happen was the hoe moved weeds around but couldn't chop their heads off. Gave up after a few minutes. Not much point in transplanting your weeds.
                          It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

• Morning all cloudy and cold here brrrrrr - kitchen today although I may nip up bye just to see how it looks as I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
                            Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Morning All....We're back to grey and threatening. It has lashed with rain since about 3am, but it's lightened a bit now - just the odd spot here and there. The wind has finally dropped. I doubt that it's finished with us completely though. Not a sign of abatement in my new water garden though.....

Must do some sewing and some cutting out - lots of things to finish and a Valentine card to make. Got some shopping to do (so it'll rain the minute I leave the house) so that I can make a cheesecake. I made a Key Lime Pie and a baked cheesecake, because the BH doesn't like Key Lime. Odd how he's left the baked cheesecake and eaten my Key Lime......

Coffee?
                              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Mind if I share the key lime pie with your BH Jules? I'm getting the craving for one now.

Apparently there is going to be more rain here soon than there has been in months. That will be 3 consecutive drops in one month - I'm not sure that we've even had 2 consecutive drops in a month lately

Small dead snake out the back fence...could have been a black or a tiger. I'm guessing the rest of the family is in the assorted metal rubbish that was meant to be picked up before the boys 18th bday party (they're 21 next month

And horses hooves oiled. A good day allround.
                                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X