This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
    I hope it stays sunny here - I am hoping to get to the lottie this afternoon and I don't have to rush back for anything so I can get stuck in for a good long session. Yesterday's session was cancelled due to persistent precipitation!
    Looking at the local forecast we might get showers this afternoon, arghhhh
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all

Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
      Can't resist mentioning that my eldest grandson beat both his opponents in a three way play off tonight to win the Troon Junior Chess Championship 2013-2014.

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
        Drat drat drat. I am busy all morning - ah well, there's always tomorrow!
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
          Morning all

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaake

!Brilliant!
          Last edited by Sheneval; 27-03-2014, 08:14 AM.
          Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
            Well done to young Master Shen - he is both cerebral and practical, if his help on your plot is anything to go by.

Not sure if congrats via his Grandad's gardening forum gives him loads of kudos, mind, but he is a credit to you and his parents.

Hazel,

I am sure he will be grateful for whatever plaudits he gets from wherever

What makes this win even more interesting is that my friend, the doctor who delivered him and his siblings, has been training his two opponents at chess at their school for the last 10 months or so and is the potential winner of the Club Championship this year needing only a draw from his last opponent who just happens to be me.

I have a photo of the two of them taken at the prizegiving 12 years ago when I was being presented with the Club Championship trophy so if he wins I will get the two of them together 12 years on.

To add to this my grandson has been trained by two of our other chess playing friends at his school over the last 5 months so there is a bit of 'trainers bragging rights' at stake as well.
            Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Hey Shen ................

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                All clear now, those weather forecasts are sure changeable eh. Enjoy your time at the Lottie, I'm hoping yo get some more spuds planted
                S
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all..............Busy week so far, so have only been dipping in and out....
                  Busy weekend ahead too, so won't get much outdoors work done....
                  On the bright side, our new horse might be running Saturday
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Dunno where today went, to be honest. The bad weather didn't appear, but it rained long enough and at the 'right' point in time that I didn't earn a groat today.

I did, however, get my rear wheel alignment 'sorted' and a couple of other niggling things were done, so not a total waste of a day.

G&T?
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                      Hey Shen ................

When I think of Bobby Fisher I think I'd rather he became a serial killer as long as he only killed bad people and politicians - same thing really

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Politicians, like Nappies, should be changed frequently, and for the same reason.

Comment

• Evening All
                          I'm down west now - slight delay in departure to have a puncture repaired - picked up a nail somewhere. Luckily it was spotted before I got on the motorway.
                          The garden needs a bit of a sort out - looking rather untidy but its nice to see all the daffs and wallflowers in flower without any interference from me.
                          Hoping for a few fine days to sort the rest.
                          Hope you're all chirpy

Comment

• Chirpy!? At this time of night!? Do me a favour.....

Comment

• Glad it was spotted before motorway VC.

Leeds has been cold this week I tell ya.

Leeds rest of this week plus Monday and Tuesday, stowemarket rest of next week.

Bridgwater for 9 week days starting Monday after through to Easter. We're almost a quarter through this year already, my my, where's it gone???
                              Last edited by RedThorn; 27-03-2014, 09:47 PM.
                              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• Can peeps please tell me what my profile location says please, I look and it says south bucks, Bretty sees South australia....
                                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X