• Show
Clear All

• Booooooooooooooooze

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Morning and a Happy St George's Day

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
      Morning All, sunny here this morning. They used to be called savoury ducks here too, but are very difficult to get hold of now unless you go shopping in the city market. Have a lovely day

Nearly forgot - Happy St George's Day!
      Flo our local butcher sells them for 25p each they're between a golf and tennis ball in size, so they're a decent size.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        Ooooooh, I used to love Brain's Faggots when I was a kid.

On the same subject Danny, I don't cook either. Well, not often, anyway. Hubby was a Chef when I met him, and used to be quite critical of what he was given, so I stopped! Today, he's working late, and I've decided to surprise him - there's a rib of beef roasting very slowly in the oven. I hope he won't be much longer because it smells divine!
        I hope you enjoy it. I daren't try anything like that!! This morning for brekky, I have bacon eggs and mushrooms laid on a bed of fried bread (all done with light olive oil) That's as complex as I get.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          Morning All, sunny here this morning. They used to be called savoury ducks here too, but are very difficult to get hold of now unless you go shopping in the city market. Have a lovely day

Nearly forgot - Happy St George's Day!
          Flo our local butcher sells them for 25p each they're between a golf and tennis ball in size, so they're a decent size.
          Our local butcher also sells them, but for 30p each and he calls them ducks too, duck! (For those not familiar with the Stoke-on-Trent dialect, duck is a term of affection/greeting. A bit like pet in Newcastle-u-Tyne). I love faggots duck.

Comment

• Morning all, 9 degrees C minimum temp in my GH last night, at last it seems to be getting there.
            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Jurgan Klopp has ruled himself out of Man' United ......

But his brother Klipity might be interest in the job

Comment

• Afternoon all...
                Been busy last few days and getting somewhere in garden now....Have planted some tomatoes in the new bed in one of the greenhouses and have left another dozen (in flower buckets) out for the last few nights too...Some chillis have been out for over a week now and all are fine thus far, with no low temps forecast for next week anyways..

Have next 2 days off work, so gonna do some stuff with the kids and plan on making a new raised (ish) bed that is currently (roughly) bordered by slates...
                I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  Alas Bren, we no longer have a local butcher Himself used to make a pan o'ash and thicken it with savoury duck - faggots aren't the same consistency. That's made my mouth water. Have a good evening All, see you tomorrow
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Flo a lot of local butchers and green grocers end up closing down because of supermarkets

Comment

• Morning All, another bright and sunny one

That has been the case Bren for our local butchers, fishmongers, greengrocer and haberdasher. There used to be a lovely little local shopping centre, but that's well in the past. As well as all the shops, only 1 pub remains open out of 6!

Himself has another dressing change today and is anxious to get into his shoes. I doubt it Hope you all have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all

Very misty start here,but the sun is trying to burn it's way through

Comment

• Much the same here BB.

Rained most if yesterday so the lawn is too wet to cut today.
                          Dead heading daffs day I think...they've been really splendid this year...particularly the ones we planted in January!
                          Just goes to show that they were worth planting out!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning I'm sharing the same weather as well BB.

Comment

• Not too bad here today. Have piles of washing to get through, then it's the house to clean before I can go and play allotments. Just hoping it stays dry.

Comment

• Miserable but not too cold here. Supposed to brighten up later, so washing on the line in anticipation. Got some repotting to do today. Anyone know how many tomato plants can grow in a 16L bucket? Thanks
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X