Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaaaaaaaaarternooooooon Peeps. Cold here overnight - down to 4!! Horsey chores done, and home now to start the attack on the jungle that is our garden. Just scoffing an eggy sarnie first.

You lot OK?
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I'm fine thanks....just having a well earned brew....I could die for a jammy dodger!...funny how you crave things when you can't have them!

Having said that, a custard cream would come a close second...or a chocolate hob nob!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        Lovely in the sunshine here, but cool in the shade and there was a frost early morning. Only one GG this evening, my apprentice gardener. . See you later, have a good day, hope work goes well and quickly Bren
        Evening work was fine Flo there was lots of extra traffic on the roads and people driving down country lanes pointing out of the windows at things, looked a bit funny

Does youngest GG still like the 'pretty fairies' inside the brassica cage.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Took us nearly 4 hours to do the 45 minute journey to Wisley today. The M25 is a really useful road when it's running, but when it's stationary ... words fail me.

The garden did look lovely in the spring sunshine though:

Attached Files
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Martin I used to work at Wisley as a 16 yr old!

Florence my DH is vegetarian so I make him sausage rolls with a sosmix-type filling. They're always a huge hit and the carnivores eat them too.

Lovely day here. Did some gardening first thing, ran a few errands, deposited DD in Ludlow in the afternoon after circling a few times trying to park while half the town's cordoned off for the X*@% May Fair. Doesn't look like we had mmuch of a frost at all last night, but it's getting chilly now so DH has gone off for logs, as I put all the fire stuff outside a few days ago, hey ho.
            Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

• Thanks Mrs C, I've just had to goggle. Do you buy on line or in a supermarket amd when you say sosmix-type, is there womthing similar? Sorry to bombard you with questions, but my daughter is finding quorn products a tad expensive - the other four in her household are carnivores GG has just done the watering for me.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Lovely warm day here, spent an hour de caterpillaring my strawberrys and potatoes. All were placed on the bird table for the birds to take back to their babies, bet they loved them
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Hi Florence. There are a few varieties and as long as it's something that starts powdered, you add water and anything else (herbs, Marmite, ketchup etc) and make it a usable consistency then it doesn't really matter which one you buy; it just comes down to preference. Morisons sells burgamix-type things, but we get Sosmix from Survival Wholefoods, which is nearby. It comes in huge bags which I keep in the freezer.
                  Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

• Evening all... No sign of frost here thankfully, as the majority of my toms and chilli's have been in the greenhouses for a few weeks now..
                    Will deliver a few more to my Mam tomorrow... Was soccer coaching a group of under 8s this morning... Now that's a challenge.
                    Time for a sit down and glass of red...
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

• Minimum order on line of £150.00 I'll look in More Reasons Mrs C, thanks again. I add garlic, herbs, tomato puree and chilli to the quorn sausages, so it should be easier to get the right consistency. Golden Girl says thank you too! She's just had to go outside in nightie and slippers to get the petroleum jelly (I only use it as slug protection for pots) for her sore lips. She took the torch and saw a couple of snails where I keep the jar. I asked her if she wanted to go back out with a mallet, but she declined

Comment

• Evening Trip I'm halfway down a can of lager while the white chills a bit more. Have escaped Casualty again - the programme I hasten to add, not the Department

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Evening Trip I'm halfway down a can of lager while the white chills a bit more. Have escaped Casualty again - the programme I hasten to add, not the Department
                          Evening Flo....Great minds eh....I had a bottle of lager with my dinner to quench my thirst... Just cracked open the wine now... Four year old on my lap watching Peter Pan...
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

• I'm just about to refill my glass., very chilled white. Need an extra one - I seem to have gained a few extra boys and they aren't very quiet!!

Comment

• I do believe in fairies, I do, I do Wonderful film Trip. Enjoy your evening. I'm off to test the temperature. See you tomorrow

Comment

• Cheers Scarlet, are the boys playing to you? Youngest GG brought her keyboard with her tonight, so I've had a few tunes to listen to. Wish I could afford piano lessons for her, she's doing so well. Have a good evening, I really am going now!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X