This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make that 5

Posted on wrong thread(though I have no idea how I did that)
    Last edited by Bal; 24-05-2014, 09:00 AM.
    Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
      Bank holiday bah humbug, it just means I wont be able to park anywhere.
      You are a grumpy auld begger, Bill!

Talking of bank holiday wet weather, though - I remember a family holiday when I was about 12 which we took in a tall thin holiday let in Rhyl. It was opposite a pub (in the days before children were welcome in such places) and it was noisy as anything at chucking out time - bedtime for me was well before then, and it woke me up every night.

It rained every second of every day. The landlord collected Reader's Digest and the house was jam full of them and we read them all. I can't look at a Reader's Digest without thinking of Rhyl in the rain. Happy days!

Comment

• Morning all and Happy Saturday/Bank Holiday weekend.
        Mizzly here but are we daunted (funny word that. Not "that" but "daunted" before some smarty pants comes along and makes fun of me).
        See y'all later

Comment

• Actually pouring down here now though was sunny first thing, will have no excuse not to do housework now
          Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• On that holiday my brother and I were given a pound a day each to amuse ourselves in the arcades up the road. This was the space invaders era, and It was the first time that I found something in which I was the equal of my big bro.

Anyone remember the game 'asteroids' where you had a little triangular white spaceship in the middle of a black screen and you had to blast all the floating big asteroids to bits before they hit you??

Comment

• Here yer go Hazel,a trip down memory lane .... enjoy >>>>>>>>>>> Asteroids Game - Play for free online!
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Personally I always prefered .. Free Space Invaders .. got that good at it I even managed to "crash" the machine in the transport cafe

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                  Personally I always prefered .. Free Space Invaders .. got that good at it I even managed to "crash" the machine in the transport cafe
                  I remember playing tennis on the TV with a Binatone gadget.

Comment

• Got a bit lucky this morning. Had a golf match arranged for 11am. In view of the weather, we now play tomorrow.

Comment

• Hmm. I note that I lost some of my Asteroid playing skills over the past 30-odd years! Thanks for the link, BB!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                        I guess all the nutters are still asleep!

It's a wet morning here, I think I'll have some breakfast then go out shopping for pots for growing my tomatoes in my new greenhouse that arrives on Friday.

Hopefully it'll brighten up a bit later on.
                        Good luck with the greenhouse Martin..
                        Morning all... Rainy here too
                        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                        sigpic

Comment

• Right - I'm off to think about Frosty.

Comment

• Two hours of report writing is my limit. Off to the shops then back for another stint this afternoon. What half term was made for.

Comment

• Nah,half-time is made for eating oranges Wendy

*runs & hides >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                              Last edited by bearded bloke; 24-05-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                                You are a grumpy auld begger, Bill!

!
                                Yes I know, my wife calls me Victor, and yet I am noted for my wit and humour!! how can both be true?

Ok before someone else says it I am a "Funny old grumpy begger"
                                Last edited by Bill HH; 24-05-2014, 10:34 AM.
                                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X