X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Art club!!? Wish I had one near me!

Back from a friends house with a car load of plants which includes a lovely grass of some kind. She didn't know the name (any guesses..?) but hoping it takes to my garden. Love friends like her! Well chuffed.

You're determined to do my neck in aren't you?......................I thought it was a picture of them in the boot at first.........

Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Back from a friends house with a car load of plants which includes a lovely grass of some kind. She didn't know the name (any guesses..?) but hoping it takes to my garden.
      Dunno what it's called Scarlet,but once established it's as bad as couch grass to be rid off,grow it in a big turg set into the ground & don't let the seed heads dry on the plant is my advice.
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Or trug even
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• We have some of that in a tub ( or should that be turb - if yr posh )...we were also warned about it spreading like crazy!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Scarlet it could be Miscanthus which I think it a form of pampas grass.
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• We've got some variegated grass grass growing next to the garage what with the door opening over it and it getting mown its not got out of control.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I can't remember what it is, but I planted three behind my pond in our old garden. It grew well, and covered the area beautifully. Incidentally a chum dug some up recently and gave away several clumps, and I missed out. Shame as I love it, and don't find it too invasive. Anyway, she's going to dig out another for me!

Feeling a little smug right now, as I've just blitzed the paperwork mountain! Just got to summon the enthusiasm to tackle the accounts drawer....
                Last edited by Glutton4...; 02-06-2014, 04:18 PM.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Yes, that's it Jeanied! Thank you. My friend has got a rather large plant but I've just asked and she's had it there for years so I'm gonna just bung it in! It's quite striking!

Comment

• Nice grass Scarlet. I've got grasses in my flower bed, but they're far from ornamental I will get around to pulling them out at some point. Evening All. Been on another adventurous journey to a meeting today, this time at Barnsley DGH. First Rotherham, then Barnsley, next Chesterfield. What a globe trotter I'm becoming. I wouldn't mind so much, but I had to walk miles from where we parked the car and my knees are now screaming at my swollen ankles Beautiful day for it though.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I'm feeling smug too, G4. I managed an hour on the lottie this morning, got the shopping errands all done, and jetwashed half of my paved back garden.

Less smug making is the brown rat I spotted popping out of one of my raised beds and diving under the shed in my garden - I wouldn't mind so much if it was on the lottie as there are lots of predators, but I am sure Rosie would bring it indoors to play with and it would defeat the cat if she caught it. *Sigh* time to call in the professionals.
                      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        Nice grass Scarlet. I've got grasses in my flower bed, but they're far from ornamental I will get around to pulling them out at some point. Evening All. Been on another adventurous journey to a meeting today, this time at Barnsley DGH. First Rotherham, then Barnsley, next Chesterfield. What a globe trotter I'm becoming. I wouldn't mind so much, but I had to walk miles from where we parked the car and my knees are now screaming at my swollen ankles Beautiful day for it though.
                        Its not nice outdoors now Flo we've got heavy rain have you ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                          I'm feeling smug too, G4. I managed an hour on the lottie this morning, got the shopping errands all done, and jetwashed half of my paved back garden.

Less smug making is the brown rat I spotted popping out of one of my raised beds and diving under the shed in my garden - I wouldn't mind so much if it was on the lottie as there are lots of predators, but I am sure Rosie would bring it indoors to play with and it would defeat the cat if she caught it. *Sigh* time to call in the professionals.
                          Inform the pest control section of your Council Jeanied. They should provide a free service for rats.............mice, I believe you have to pay for.
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• BM ours charge £41 but there are discounts available if you qualify.
                            We've seen a rat on our garden and have put down sealed bait but next doors use ground feeders for the birds but they don't want to stop doing so even though they caught 5 rats in a week. I've seen two rats happily feeding on their seed last time I cleaned my bathroom window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              BM ours charge £41 but there are discounts available if you qualify.
                              We've seen a rat on our garden and have put down sealed bait but next doors use ground feeders for the birds but they don't want to stop doing so even though they caught 5 rats in a week. I've seen two rats happily feeding on their seed last time I cleaned my bathroom window.
                              Unless your has gone up Bren, this states your fee is £22 with concessions:
                              Pest control | Derby City Council

Comment

• Wish you'd warned me about the rain, Bren - I don't think it went Flo's way, it came down the A38 towards us instead. I was sitting on the settee in a big towel after a bath when the shower hit, and then realised the washing was still on the line.

I had to dash out in the nuddy to get it in with just a pakamak to cover my dignity.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X