Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps. This week has been a strange one so far; the wet days were dry, the dry days were wet, and the half-and-half day has been hot and dry and sunny all day. Like Nickers, I should cut the grass... I'm not going to though, I'm going to have another cuppa, and wade through a bit more paperwork.

Hope Hazel's day was a pleasant surprise after all. But, knowing how things go with subbies and stories and tittle-tattling, I expect some effs have been said...
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• No gardening for me today! Doing some sugar flowers again, really getting into this
      Stargazer lily.... Just need someone to make a cake for!
      Attached Files

Comment

• That's edible!!!!!?

Fab!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Yes, it's edible sugarpaste and painted with edible dusts. Though doesn't taste so good - rock hard (though the kids will eat it!)

Comment

• That's amazing Scarlet - you're so clever.
            An Asiatic lily is in flower here and it looked like it had been handpainted and now you're proved that it may have been

Comment

• Scarlet I clicked on the flower before reading that it wasn't a real one, its beautiful.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening All. That's fantastic Scarlet
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Flo just read about the slugs/snails eating your runners there does seem to be more of them about what with all the rain.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• You'e got a great talent there Scarlet.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Flo just read about the slugs/snails eating your runners there does seem to be more of them about what with all the rain.
                      Yes, I've never had slugs eating my runners until this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        .... Just need someone to make a cake for!
                        *hand up.

So realistic, Scarlet, that I'd mentally cut off the stamens with the pollen on (poisonous to cats, dontcha know).

Brilliant.

Comment

• That is so beautiful. I have started to do a bit of sugar craft in the last few years, but I'm not in your league. I can do Roses and calla lilies, and a few carnation type things. Seeing your Lilly makes me want to have another go. But at the moment, I'm trying to do a bit of gardening around the building works, and make curtains for my bedroom and feed 2hungry men who won't cook for themselves! And I start a new job on Monday.
                          Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                            Worst result - there has been a cock up and it will be deemed somehow my fault, even though it it wouldn't be, it would be one of a number of sub-contractors. Much apologising and grovelling by me (regardless) and credit raised; confidence in our company blasted into the stratosphere; lose Client and any others who they happen to talk to

Best result - there has been no cock up, and the Client is in the wrong place or has temporarily gone blind/mad. Moral high ground retained, Client embarrased at having put us out, much extra business won and reputation enhanced.
                            Well, the Client hadn't gone temporarily blind/mad - there was, indeed, a problem.

The third way was to send details of the problem to the relevant subcontractor, and by the time I'd driven back, they'd suggested what I consider to be a workable solution. Just need to work a bit of spin on it to the Client, and we should come up smelling if not of roses, at least not of - er - rose food..

Happy that I've nipped a potentially nasty one in the bud, and should have turned it round to retain our reputation and our Client. The cost for me was a 4 1/2 hour round trip and hideous roadworks on the M5 and the loss of a half day in the office, but it's a price worth paying to retain credibility with the Client.

Happy enough with that - hoping for a smoother FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY!

Comment

• Good Morning and Happy Friday. Glad it went ok Hazel. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin FF!
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X