Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear hear G4. I do not know what I did with myself before I got Rosie - and I haven't had her a full year yet. My 'got her' anniversary is the end of August, when I drove off to Wales to meet the lovely VC and her lovely dogs and pick a very frightened Rosie up.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• And well done you! She's a beautiful dog, and I know she can be a challenge, but I also know the rewards are endless.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Lol G4 - you know us so well. Tonight she was a total delinquent at dog training. They keep saying to me 'don't tell anyone you come to us in case they get put off the club!'
        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
          Happy Friday one and all. Here's today's laugh. Been growing a large long tub of sweet peas. Cannot remember which grape had the unruly sweetpeas to which I had replied that mine were just as unruly and only producing white or lilac flowers. You've guessed it - I have been cultivating peas for the vases indoors! They have still got the outside wrapper with picture of lovely coloured flowers on attached to a stick. Will have to look through my seed tin to find the correct inside packet lol. So upside is, nice follow on pea crop, downside, no beautiful cut flowers for indoors. Onwards and upwards

It was me and my 'unruly sweet peas"! They got so unruly the whole structure collapsed, and I had to try and tie them up. Lots of lovely flowers.

Sorry to hear, what has happened to you, but at least you have a crop! Just edible rather than colourful and smelly.
          DottyR

Comment

• Morning

The other year I grew some dwarf sweet peas for me and my neighbour to have in planters but they grew to 6ft tall
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Well, whatever variety of peas they are, they are starting to crop now and I did taste a pod yesterday, lovely. A happy accident and I have no idea how it happened. My memory has been cr@p since I've been on statins, I've just been on a short break of two different trips. One was real, the other was made up in my head lol. Sorted it out in the end
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all - it's going to be a lovely day. Lots to do unfortunately, but I am hoping to get to the plot late afternoon, early evening. I think it will be too warm during the day. Will visit OH this afternoon. 'Baby' son is visiting this weekend (all 6 ft 2 and 18 stone of him), so he has the unexpected treat of mowing the lawns. Well he lives in a flat ... he is missing out on all of that isn't he? Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• G'Moooooooooornin' Peeps! Happy Solstice to you all. Kettle's on!

Comment

• Beautiful morning, k......... fitter here, so bit difficult so off out to buy lighting, then to plot to harvest some raspberries and sweet peas to take to neighbours this evening.

Have also been looking after neighbours dog, this is a first for me! Have coped ok tho.
                    DottyR

Comment

• Lovely morning here too. I won't get a lot of gardening done today, we are going to a friend's barbecue lunchtime for the rest of the day. So if I post here later on you may see a few spelling errors or even some uncharacteristic profanity.

I'll at least have time to go down the allotment and pick another bunch of sweet peas before we go though
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Good moaning!

BBQ???...mmmm- Martin- what a brill idea- I'll get some meat of the freezer so we can have one later on!...brill!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well, I'm back. Him with the big nose has been dragged in from the grass, and had a bath - not impressed, but hey-ho, at least the flies will leave him alone for a while now. Left him inside in the cool for the day, too. Chums will turn him back out this evening.

Then I went for a bike ride, well, a short one, anyway - don't want to overdo it now, do we? T'is 'ot out there.

Comment

• I wish the sun would stay out, it's so sticky when it clouds over and it keeps on doing that. I'm pottering around outside, but I keep finding myself doing heavy lifting and I really shouldn't. I expect I'll suffer for it later. Can you contain hydrangeas? My son bought me a beauty for my birthday. It's such a deep pink it's almost maroon and I have nowhere I'd like to put it in the ground. I do have several very large fancy pots.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                              Can you contain hydrangeas? My son bought me a beauty for my birthday. It's such a deep pink it's almost maroon and I have nowhere I'd like to put it in the ground. I do have several very large fancy pots.
                              Yes for sure Flo have a read here for details ........... All About Hydrangeas, Home Page
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                                Yes for sure Flo have a read here for details ........... All About Hydrangeas, Home Page
                                Thank you very much BB. I suppose I should have put that in the Flower Mill
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X