Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (a) go to the Hill to see what damage the slugs have done since yesterday (and if I do go, whether to go by foot (have already run today), bicycle (would need to pump up tyres etc) or car (not justifiable to drive 3 miles just to have a look round)) - Nope - the only thing to have changed since yesterday is a possible lettuce massace, and moping round wringing my hands would not acheive anything

(b) finish briefing out a job to a sub contractor - Done!

(c) go up to Aldi for catfood (have run out - need to do this!) and milk - Done!

(d) run the June sales invoices as it is the last day of the month, and the bookkeeper is in tomorrow.(zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) - Nope - although I might print off the schedule ready for the morning

(e) sow some Cosse Violete beans in a pot to fill in the gaps where they have been slugged. - Done!

(f) rack the rhubarb wine and the parsnip wine - Nope - and losing the light now

(g) fill in an official form for the Office of Men With A Lot Of Paper - I'll put tea on and do this next.

I'd like a glass of wine, but think that I'd better do (g) first!
    Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 30-06-2014, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Evening

It didn't take you long to get down the list Hazel, me I've dibbed in some leeks then spent the afternoon reading in the garden.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Executive decision made! It's beer o'clock!

Comment

• You made me feel tired just reading that lot Hazel. I've watered almost everything and after a hard day at the office (even the Time Out was tiring), I'm in my PJs and ready to put my feet up. Have a lovely evening All and see you tomorrow. Mmm, I wonder if I can book Monday off? Might try
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Right - I've done the schedule for the invoicing, so the only thing I haven't done is the Filling In The Form.

Mind you, I have yakked to my mother for 3/4 hour, and I did get the ladders out and rip out and clear into green bags a load of the russian vine away from the windows on the front where it is making a bid for world domination. And I've cooked and scoffed tea - yum.

So a small glass of wine and then I really must go and get ready - nipping to the pub in quarter of an hour or so. At least I don't have to have a bath - had one lunchtime. Dropped the car to the garage first thing and ran the 5k home, so spent a sweaty morning behind the desk.

Comment

• Spent an enjoyable afternoon with Bernie (Bearded Bloke) in my garden, its good to see the face behind the name. Its also good to chat with someone who really appreciates gardening. Thanks for the beer and Tom plants Bernie.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Don't you mean the Face behind the Beard, Bill
                Hope BB behaved himself.................

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                  Spent an enjoyable afternoon with Bernie (Bearded Bloke) in my garden, its good to see the face behind the name. Its also good to chat with someone who really appreciates gardening. Thanks for the beer and Tom plants Bernie.
                  T'was a good afternoon indeed Bill Thanks for showing me around your garden (so much stuff crammed in everywhere

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Don't you mean the Face behind the Beard
                  You know me too well VC

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Hope BB behaved himself.................:
                  Would I do otherwise VC ?
                  Last edited by bearded bloke; 30-06-2014, 09:23 PM. Reason: forgot :p
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                    T'was a good afternoon indeed Bill Thanks for showing me around your garden (so much stuff crammed in everywhere

You know me too well VC

Would I do otherwise VC ?

Yes I enjoyed it and yes Vc he behaved himself though I don't think I could drink him under the table.

How did the fishing go?
                    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Yes I enjoyed it and yes Vc he behaved himself though I don't think I could drink him under the table.

How did the fishing go?
                      Got a couple of decent sized mackeral,put 9 "joeys" back surprise catch was juvenile haddock
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Blimey haddock! Ill catch him next year when he's bigger.

Comment

I like the way that you take the measure of a chap.

Me, I'm back from the local pub after an enjoyable pint of Timothy Taylor's limited edition Le Champion beer. Very nice -a little sweeter than their Landlord bitter. Not done badly on the crossword either - two of the Telegraph cryptic clues to go.

Comment

• Good Morning All, lovely day, have a good one
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning fellow grapes. Hopefully last day of building works, before the massive clean up begins.

I'm off to meet my fellow volunteers for a bit of joint gardening, going to be very hot, I think.

Enjoy your day everyone.
                              DottyR

Comment

• Morning the suns shinning and I've got more plants than slugs in the garden
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X