This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
    Good morning fellow grapes. Hopefully last day of building works, before the massive clean up begins.
    It'll be worth it in the end!

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Morning the suns shinning and I've got more plants than slugs in the garden
    I think that I've reached that tipping point now as well, Bren - mind you. I've yet to see how my tiny uchi kuri squash has faired in it's first few days planted out...

This was how I left it on Sunday...

Attached Files

Comment

• Hazel I've started growing more things in modules because bigger plants stand more chance of surviving the slugs. or thats what I hope anyway.
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 01-07-2014, 08:54 AM.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• This little seedling was from a second sowing in a 3" pot - a no show for a couple of seeds put in a pot in the middle of April, so I put another couple in a month later. Nothing showed again until this little chap popped up about a week ago.

I figured that there was very little goodness left in the MPC in the pot, so it was either pot on or plant out, and I went for the plant out.

Comment

• Morning all..
          Beautiful day here
          Haven't been on much lately, as I have been so busy..... not sure where my time is going

Anyways, garden is thriving (in general), so a good portion of time is spent there when I do get some....

Have a good one..
          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
          sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon, peeps - it's looked like another warm day from behind my desk.

What to do this evening? A run to the Hill, perhaps to see if that little squash has survived, and to pick rasps, and water the lettuce (if they've survived) and possibly french beans and peas. And potatoes. Hmm - perhaps running up there is not such a good move, or more pertinantly running *back* with all that lot. Could get the trusty shopper bike out.

I've looked at the two dj's of wine that I have stabilised - some finings would get them clear and ready to bottle. Might do that.

Then sausages for tea.

What are you lot up to? Birthday tea for Bren, of course.

Comment

• Evening, we've just started to think about what to have for tea Hazel and a wonder around the garden says its going to be a salad of mixed lettuce, basil, broad beans, Purple podded peas, kohlrabi, tree onions and chives. Eaten with aaron pilot spuds and some quiche from the freezer I made last week

Fingers crossed that your baby squash has survived.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Glad to see you back on the forum. was wondering if you had given up.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Shattered! Only just got back from work, and alarm went off at 4:30 this morning. Also just noticed there's some strawbs that are on the verge of going over ripe. I little rest in front of the PC, then off out harvesting

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                    Glad to see you back on the forum. was wondering if you had given up.
                    Who? Trip?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      Who? Trip?
                      AKA .... the international jet setter
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        Fingers crossed that your baby squash has survived.
                        Aha - it has, and it has another leaf.

All but one of the living lettuce pack that I planted out are good too - slug pellets or not. Mind you, my slug experiment may be redundant - perhaps the lettuce are snail-damage resistant?

Or perhaps I found this chap just in time:

Attached Files

Comment

• Morning all,

Another glorious morning, down side is I have a 2 hour commute. Should get home at a reasonable time so probably plant out a few swedes tonight.

Weekend weather looks disappointing though.

Comment

• Morning All, beautiful day here, though it started off a bit "milky". My green bin has arrived so busy tonight. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo n all!

Lovely sunny morning here .

We managed to do a bit of transplanting at 10 pm last night!
                              All watered in...will go and check them later.
                              Checking plants is always better than housework eh?
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                                Aha - it has, and it has another leaf.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47026[/ATTACH]

All but one of the living lettuce pack that I planted out are good too - slug pellets or not. Mind you, my slug experiment may be redundant - perhaps the lettuce are snail-damage resistant?
                                Or perhaps I found this chap just in time:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47027[/ATTACH]
                                Talking of slugs............ I was looking at the comfrey yesterday and I wondered if the millions of tiny spikes on the stalks would deter the slugs. So, I stripped the leaves off for the comfrey pipe and laid the stalks on a couple of beds. Worth a try!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X