Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you manage to save him some Strawbs, Susie. They're good this year. (Not that I've grown any... )

Greenleaves, we had a lovely old Fella that used to come in the pub I worked in (back in the day ). He'd have a headcollar and leadrope slung over one shoulder. I'd pour him a pint, we'd have a natter about Horses, and he'd slide off back home with a wink over the shoulder, as he shut the door.

An hour or so later, he'd be back in for a few bevvies, accompanied by his Wife. When he'd make a point of telling me he'd had real trouble catching the Horses that evening - they didn't seem to want to go in for the night, and he'd chased them up and down the field for an hour or so.

We never did rat on him - his missus was a miserable old moo!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I played bingo once I was 11 year old away with St Johns Ambulance in Rhyl for the weekend I won a brush comb and mirror set. Thinking about it that was my one and only game.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        I won a brush comb and mirror set.

Handy for that hair-do Bren,it's looking particularly good today
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          Met new allotment neighbours which was nice. Richard and Eve. Must try to remember their names for next time I see them!
          Whatever you do, don't call him Adam or her Judy................
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            Whatever you do, don't call him Adam or her Judy................
            Took a while but very good BM

Comment

• Why is Kelly's eye #1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                Took a while but very good BM
                Time you went out for some fresh air GL, all this propping up of the bar is taking its toll

Comment

• Trust me VC when tide is low it is not fresh air.....not the beer, more the age

Comment

• Go for a paddle, but make sure you "go" first At your age you have to take every opportunity you can

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                      Why is Kelly's eye #1?

Because Kelly was a pirate with an eye patch

Comment

• Thought that was what the sea was for

Comment

• Hey Flo,ITV now

Comment

• Hi guys, no proper gardening for me this weekend spent it in Kent drinking vast quantities of champagne, and eating the best BBQ food-kebabs, tandoori chicken spiced lamb chops etc. had to do a bit when we got back though, was beginning to have withdrawal symptoms.
                            Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                              Hey Flo,ITV now
                              I knew it was on BB, but Himself is no fan so I had to forego the pleasure and I couldn't record it. Will catch it another time.

Morning All. Good luck with the Tour G4. It prevented my son visiting me yesterday as almost all of Sheffield roads were closed, so I was not best pleased. It's another beautiful day here, but Hi Ho. See you later, have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo & the rest of Grapeland............lovely & sunny here today but looks like we had rain overnight so that's a good start to the day.
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X