This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Sun's shining here.

I was greeted by the smell of sweet peas when I went into the kitchen - they are fabulous, aren't they?

I sowed seed saved from last year - all colours - and although I only have about 4 plants that survived the slugs, they are all flowering dark purple. Wonder if that is coincidence or the purple ones don't taste good to slugs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
      Morning all. Sun's shining here.

I was greeted by the smell of sweet peas when I went into the kitchen - they are fabulous, aren't they?

I sowed seed saved from last year - all colours - and although I only have about 4 plants that survived the slugs, they are all flowering dark purple. Wonder if that is coincidence or the purple ones don't taste good to slugs?
      Funny you should say that, I have a lot of sweet peas and they are predominantly purple, hardly a pink or red amongst them. I have a second lot coming along from a different source so hopefully they will be better, I haven't had any slug damage to them so that theory is out the window.

Today is looking like being a hum dinger, not a cloud in the sky, bit of rain last night too, what more could we ask?
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Morning All

Nice and bright in Falmouth as well. Walked past some allotments on my way to my client that has a public right of way running through it. Thats the evenings entertainment sorted, a quick nose round and a chat before retiring to the bar
        Last edited by Greenleaves; 07-07-2014, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
          I knew it was on BB, but Himself is no fan so I had to forego the pleasure and I couldn't record it. Will catch it another time.
          Bummocks thats not good

Was a good selection of sounds with interesting background info,there is an album of the program as well,it goes on sale today

Iplayer page .... https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/nation...te-motown-song

Album .... http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Nations-.../dp/B00KGNE1CO (other suppliers are available)
          Last edited by bearded bloke; 07-07-2014, 08:13 AM.
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
            Funny you should say that, I have a lot of sweet peas and they are predominantly purple, hardly a pink or red amongst them. I have a second lot coming along from a different source so hopefully they will be better, I haven't had any slug damage to them so that theory is out the window.
            Don't get me wrong - I like the purple ones very much, I was just curious.

Comment

• Morning all

Feels 'ot n sticky here already,just right for chopping down laurel trees

Comment

• Morning all. Bright and sunny here but breezy. I think I'll spend time today clearing our garden table of young plants that should have been planted out weeks ago. That way we'll have a table to sit out at should we get any nice sitting out days.

Slugs seem to like young sweet peas but ignore them once the plants are climbing. I haven't noticed any colour preferences, maybe it's just that the purple ones set seed more enthusiastically. Sweet pea plants come mostly true to the colour of the parent, so I collect and sow separately and try to plant out equal numbers of each colour.

We had some rain last night. Just before dark we had a brilliant double rainbow, not at all common down here in the suburbs so I grabbed the phone and took a quick pic. Not a great picture but you can just make out the second rainbow outside the first:

Attached Files
                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Morning another sunny day here so I'd best get the gazebo out. but before it gets too hot I want to take the last of the broadies out and dib in more leeks.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaarternooooooon Peeps! Hot and sunny here today. I managed to get to the stables, and go out to play on the stubble fields. Then took the dogs for a run, and got home again, despite road closures and the like.

Cyclists everywhere. Ample parking has been provided in all villages, but there are cars abandoned all over the place. Idiots. Too tight to pay a fiver to park somewhere safe.

Not much other traffic about. No buses. Lovely. No one on the internet either!

Coffee?
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Extra click on the girth-strap of the one with the long nose for a while then G4

Make mine a beer & a can of anti midge spray pleeze

Comment

• Sadly Him with the big nose (Avatar) is retired to 'field ornament' status (aka waste of money, but love 'Im!) due to arthritis. But have the use of another (much taller ) four-legged Pillock to play with. Yes, I did make sure the girth was tight.

*Passes Tinny and spray...

Comment

• Afternoon, I've been in the garden took out my broadies and dibbed in some leeks after that lots of weeding, plus helped Mr Pots empty a trailer of logs, its now tea and scone time
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                            Bummocks thats not good

Was a good selection of sounds with interesting background info,there is an album of the program as well,it goes on sale today

Iplayer page .... https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/nation...te-motown-song

Album .... http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Nations-.../dp/B00KGNE1CO (other suppliers are available)
                            I suppose his theory is that I don't watch sport with him Thanks BB, one of the children will probably get that for me for Saturnalia as a surprise - I hope.
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• The area around Buxton is truely beautiful
                              Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• Eeeeeevenin' Nutter!

We went to Buxton one Easter. It snowed! Twas indeed beautiful.

Coffee?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X