Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, we've had overnight rain an inch of it according to my new rain gauge

Attached Files
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• LD sorry I can't help with your strawbs but if I was you I'd post on the main site someone on there might have the answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Morning, we've had overnight rain an inch of it according to my new rain gauge

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47307[/ATTACH]
        If I send a SAE can I have some Bren?

Comment

• Morning all

Oh dear G4,that don't sound good,have some of these .....

.... I've been saving them for a "rainy day"

Love the rain gauge Bren
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
            Morning all,Have just been given the news from 2 extremely apologetic males,that 1 of them had pulled the wrong plug,my heart sank when i lifted the big freezer lid,apart from some odd bits that do not matter,the bulk of the strawberry harvest was in there,it could be 2 days ago it occured,sooooo,can anything be done to save them,or are they now compost,the bottom is swimming in strawberry water,most of them however are in baskets or shelf,and not sitting in the melt water,this really is NOT my year,
            Hmm I have to admit I had a similar thing last year, I know your not supposed to but I refroze everything and we are all still alive. 2 days is not that bad, that freezer would only warm up very slowly they would probably still be frozen after day one if not opened. Have they gone to mush? you could make jam with them. I might be reluctant to re-freeze meat but not strawberries. This is purely my own thoughts and in no way constitutes GYO policy, or their staff or moderators.

Ps making Jam would kill of any bacteria due to the boiling.

pps. You could boil them and then re_freeze.
            Last edited by Bill HH; 13-07-2014, 10:27 AM.
            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps. Hope you're all fab!

Had a weeeeeird weekend, not as weird as my mate has, granted, but weird, nonetheless.

It is officially Gin o'clock, and I promise not to be obnoxious. Well, not on-line anyway!
              Last edited by Glutton4...; 13-07-2014, 08:31 PM.
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Yawn yawn yawn. 68 minutes with 22 men running around with a ball and no goals. Still I have spent a productive hour sorting out the bag I take to work. Got rid of loads of paper. Will be much lighter in the morning when I go to work.

Comment

• Quiet night tonight. Anyone would think there was sommat interesting on the box. Thankfully, that has worked in my favour. . My face hurts from grinning. . I do like a bargain!
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I think I am going to try talking the cat and the dawg into an early night!
                    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                      Quiet night tonight. Anyone would think there was sommat interesting on the box. Thankfully, that has worked in my favour. . My face hurts from grinning. . I do like a bargain!
                      Just read your 'what makes me happy' post.. really pleased for you

Comment

• Good Morning, gloriously sunny and hot, hot, hot. Wish I didn't have to work, but hey-ho. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin all!

Woken up tired after having a late night keeping an eye on the moon.
                          Don't worry..it was still there last time I looked!

Think we're going to have a sunny day too.
                          Tis a Bank Holiday hère today...Bastille Day.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• What a beautiful morning. And they've promised us wall to wall sunshine all day!

Talking of walls, I'm going to have to hang around the house all day while a builder comes to repoint ours. Still, being forced to sit in the garden beats being forced to go to work in an office. It's not half bad, this retirement lark.

My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Morning another sunny day here Nicos it was to cloudy here to see the moon

Comment

• Morning...dull and a tad chilly here this morning! Hope you all enjoy the sunshine.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X