Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually- I was so hot I decided to wash my hair ...tis lovely and refreshing having a cold, wet head!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Artnoon All ^^^ That's a bit like pegging out wet washing when the damp laundry flaps in your face and wraps itself around you. Very cooling on a hot day - not so good in winter
      Hot, hot, hot, long may it continue

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Actually- I was so hot I decided to wash my hair ...tis lovely and refreshing having a cold, wet head!!
        Me too but I've just had my hair cut so I needed a shower to stop my back itching
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all!

Hot again, isn't it? Not sure that been slapped in the face by wet washing is the answer to the heat, though. Domino beating the heat by retiring to today's fav place - under the bed in the spare room:

Oh - and your hair looks nice, Bren.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Yuk! That serves me right for looking at my photos again - that skirtingboard is disgusting! I'll have to go and do that later.

Comment

• We are having a nice rumbly thunderstorm and rain - so it has cooled off a bit. I hoped it would reach us here
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Hazel your skirting board looks fine on the photo so don't worry about it.

Me I'm sat under the gazebo drinking mint tea and watching the bees and butterflies. 🐝 and not feeling at all lazy
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                  We are having a nice rumbly thunderstorm and rain - so it has cooled off a bit. I hoped it would reach us here
                  I was in Bourne End Jeanied, drowned rat comes to mind lol. Did you get my reply PM?
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Well, I've technically done all the things that had to be done today, but I still have an oppressively high In-Tray. It's getting me down, so I'm going to have to spend a couple of hours over the weekend being ruthless to see if I can cull any of the items in there.

Who wants to work at the weekend? Not me - I want to be at the Hill picking beans or in the park running. Or sitting in the sun with an icecream, perhaps. Never mind - must be done.

Oh - almost forgot - IT'S FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY!!!!!!!!!

Going to pick up mum to go shopping in a mo - at least the supermarket has aircon!

Comment

• Hazel, you need to decide right now which 2 hours you are going to devote to work. That way you can relax for the rest of the time. Otherwise it will nag at the back of your mind the whole time and you won't enjoy the time off as much as you deserve to.

Since it rained, I've had a pleasant afternoon watching the golf and playing the online poker I might have to help Mrs H with the pressure washing soon though...
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Hi Ho Grapes

Spent the day on the plot and at 15.00 the heavens open for about 45 mins......got absolutely soaked but loved every minute. It was so refreshing while it lasted but as soon as the sun came out the humidity was awful.

I will probably regret it later when the old bones start aching. ....but who cares, for 45 minutes I was transported but to my childhood...
                        Last edited by Greenleaves; 25-07-2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Hi peeps..Been in the garden all afternoon working on my strawberry patch...Got the earth all turned over and its looking pretty good so far..Gonna chill out and relax this evening with a few beers..Have a fantastic Friday night guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                            Hazel, you need to decide right now which 2 hours you are going to devote to work. That way you can relax for the rest of the time. Otherwise it will nag at the back of your mind the whole time and you won't enjoy the time off as much as you deserve to.
                            That is an excellent plan, Martin - it'll get shoved to Sunday evening otherwise (memories of school homework there!). So, no work tonight, just need to have a think when is most sensible. I will report back after I've had a cogitate in the bath with a glass of apple wine...

Comment

• Back from dog training - she is starting to get the hang of some of this! I feel like Professor Higgins - 'by George she's got it!'
                              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Think maybe I need to buy a second freezer, 'for courgettes and dwarf beans'!
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X