This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    Sorry Flo, I do remember you mentioning it. Hope all goes well for Mr Flo & that you both have a nice 2 weeks together.
    Thanks Mally, although I might be looking for a builder at the end, or even during the 2 weeks, there may be a new patio to order
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
      Rather partial to rock cakes if your baking Hazel
      I'm not keen on rock cakes, so if you want some of them you'll have to do 'em yourself!

Fruit cake is out of the oven and cooling in the tin. I'll put a pic up later FOR LOOKING AT AND NOT FOR EATING YET so you can tell me if you think that it'll be a winner in the Show!

Bathroom is cleaned (which was not even on my list of things to do!). Spare room is Spring cleaned - just waiting for the carpet to dry before putting all the furniture back.

And it's stopped raining, so as soon as the machine has finished its spin cycle, I can put the washing out and nip to the Hill.

Think I'll have a quick cup of ....... coffee first - anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
        I'm not keen on rock cakes, so if you want some of them you'll have to do 'em yourself!

Fruit cake is out of the oven and cooling in the tin. I'll put a pic up later FOR LOOKING AT AND NOT FOR EATING YET so you can tell me if you think that it'll be a winner in the Show!

Bathroom is cleaned (which was not even on my list of things to do!). Spare room is Spring cleaned - just waiting for the carpet to dry before putting all the furniture back.

And it's stopped raining, so as soon as the machine has finished its spin cycle, I can put the washing out and nip to the Hill.

Think I'll have a quick cup of ....... coffee first - anyone?
        Ohhh yes please Hazel coffee and fruit cake sounds delicious..

Comment

• Did the River Medway, clean up exercise this morning, met some lovely people ( actually the other end of our road. Collected loads of rubbish, got very dirty and. Muddy, ended with cups of well deserved tea, and punnets strawberries, provided by someone who has an allotment, very nice. Out of 500+ leaflets delivered, only about 5 families turned up! If I see anyone chuck their empty can or bottle in the river, I shall punch them!

Makes you think tho, so many empty plastic water bottles!
          DottyR

Comment

• Good afternoon peeps..Its raining here right now but got a few jobs done in the garden before it started raining..I also dismantled the girls trampoline as high winds is predicted this evening..Gonna go and do the grocery shopping in a bit anyone needing bits and bobs....Enjoy the rest of your saturday peeps

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaarternoooooon Peeps - please send me some of your rain. I've been looking forward to it all week, and now they say it'll be another week. I am actually tired of the heatwave now (ungrateful moo) as it drains all my energy.

Oh well, coffee is finished, better go look busy...
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Retreated from the plot as the bands of rain are becoming more frequent and heavier. No doubt I will be weeding tomorrow. Time for a nice shower and some chill time.

I would have had a coffee with a rock cake if Hazel had made some!!
                Last edited by Greenleaves; 02-08-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Right...all this chatter about rock cakes...

I'm going to head into the kitchen right now and make a batch.
                  Never made them before and I'm going to use this recipe....

Rock Buns | BBC Good Food

but- butter instead of marg, sultanas instead of chocolate and a bit of mixed spice and vanilla essence..and a sprinkle of granulated sugar for the top.

So- not really that recipe at all!

Will let you know how they come out.

I'm sat here waiting for peeps to arrive, the last lot were 9 hrs late and didn't let us know...so I guess as soon as I get all sticky and floury they'll turn up!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawberry patch View Post
                    Ohhh yes please Hazel coffee and fruit cake sounds delicious..
                    Keep your paws off it! There'll be plenty to go round after the Show.

Right - off to pick courgettes, french beans, runner beans and dig potatoes. Best go to the supermarket on the way to and not on the way back from the Hill - the muddy scarecrow look not welcomed in Waitrose, I don't think!
                    Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 02-08-2014, 03:12 PM. Reason: grammar!!

Comment

• Just waiting for oven to get up to temperature and they'll be in.
                      Ha!...I had to use granulated sugar and cinnamon- so it's almost completely different!

Comment

• Well, thanks to whoever sent the rain! More than four spots would've been good!!

Comment

• And they're in!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                            Well, thanks to whoever sent the rain! More than four spots would've been good!!
                            Bugger it must have evaporated on the way to you G4

Have a couple of days over this way laning girl,we got rain predicted well into next week
                            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Now that would be fab, however, I have so much to do here, at the mo, I can't see the wood for the trees, as my Nan used to say.

Off to sort the laundry, catch ya later.

Comment

• Afternoon we've had a fair bit of rain today so my butts are nice and full

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                                It's a staycation Mally, Himself had his second neurectomy, left foot this time, on Thursday. I don't mind - it's nice to be at home when you work full time
                                Enjoy your time off Flo

Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Rock Buns | BBC Good Food

b
                                Will let you know how they come out.
                                I've not made Rock buns for ages, when our children were small we used to bake them a fair bit because no matter how they turn out they were always eaten, even with custard sometimes
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X