This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...they're out!!

...and nope I didn't burn them- they look just like the piccie in the recipe

OH keep wandering into the kitchen checking how hot/cool they are.

I wonder why????

And so- come and help yourselves peeps
    Last edited by Nicos; 02-08-2014, 04:12 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well, the sun came back out, so I cut the grass instead!

Now stopped for a cuppa, pass the goodies over. . Don't tell me they're all gone already!?
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Ah, that reminds me, whilst I'm here. What's the easiest plain sponge recipe, please? Stables chum, and chief cake-maker to the whole county, is undergoing her first chemo treatment this weekend, for breast cancer, so I thought I'd make her a cake for a change. She decided that Lemon Dribble cake is what is required.

I've probably only made three cakes in my life, so assistance is required!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Well...they're out!!

...and nope I didn't burn them- they look just like the piccie in the recipe

OH keep wandering into the kitchen checking how hot/cool they are.

I wonder why????

And so- come and help yourselves peeps
          Just finished my dinner Nicos but i will take a couple for later this evening for when i get peckish..

Comment

• Ooh - don't mind if I do, Nicos, ta.

Just back from the Hill with lots of goodies. I foresee in my future an evening of bean processing!

Coffee and a catchup, then a run - it's a beautiful evening here.

Comment

• Just watered the garden so time to sit down with a nice cold fruit cider and enjoy the evening sunshine.
              Hope everyone else is putting their feet up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                What's the easiest plain sponge recipe, please? Stables chum, and chief cake-maker to the whole county, is undergoing her first chemo treatment this weekend, for breast cancer, so I thought I'd make her a cake for a change. She decided that Lemon Dribble cake is what is required.

I've probably only made three cakes in my life, so assistance is required!
                What do you want - sponge cake or lemon drizzle? I'd go for lemon drizzle - none of that two layer with jam nonsense to throw you out.

Just mix it up and bung it in a tin.

Actually - Nigel Slaters orange marmalade cake is easy peasy. Tell us what you want, and we'll put a recipe up.
                Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 02-08-2014, 06:04 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

• Good evening peeps...Hope everyone is having a good day so far..Its gotten mighty windy here the past 1hr so as predicted looks like its gonna be wild here later..Kids are just bedded so we are getting ready for going out tonite this was not planned but its the last night off our summer gala and its fireworks and bonfire tonite also they do kippers at the event "yummy"..My parents have volunteered to watch the girls so we are going to make an evening of it...Have a fantastic evening peeps

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                    What do you want - sponge cake or lemon drizzle? I'd go for lemon drizzle - none of that two layer with jam nonsense to throw you out.

Just mix it up and bung it in a tin.

Actually - Nigel Slaters orange marmalade cake is easy peasy. Tell us what you want, and we'll put a recipe up.
                    Cheers Matey, I found a simple one, but we don't appear to have any sugar, so it won't be made today. I will try to remember to stop at the shop tomorrow.

Comment

• Youngest GG has gone to spend a week in Scotland today, with the Girl's Brigade, so hope the weather is not too bad - luckily they're not camping.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        Youngest GG has gone to spend a week in Scotland today, with the Girl's Brigade, so hope the weather is not too bad - luckily they're not camping.
                        She'll have a good time Flo no matter what the weathers like.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Phew! Back from a haaaaaaaaaaaaaard training session. But good.

Time for a quick bath before pub time.

Comment

• Rosie has been totally told off by visiting springer so she has decided discretion is the better part of valour and she is in her crate. Cat took one look at him and went back upstairs. Hopefully they are both glad of their own special safe places in their home.

Visiting dog - he is happy to visit!
                            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• I'm sure that the animals will shake themselves down, Jeanie. Hope you get extra cuddles from Maisie (rather than her sulking!).

Time for me to turn in - it's a shiny new day just round the corner.

Wishing you all the sleep of the righteous - even if you're not!

Comment

• Well had a rally busy day today, spent an hour at the quarry waiting for the main man to turn up(which he didn't.) Went to OH's house in Notts which is rented out at the moment, and cleared up the rubble from the wall that was demolished by a break away caravan, picked up some cake making stuff and made my first batch of edible lace, and learnt how to do wheat weaving, so 2 new skills in 1day.

P.s. And finally caught up with the gos on the vine
                                Last edited by Bal; 03-08-2014, 12:42 AM.
                                Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X