This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    Yes, fab things. Only an idiot cuts a hedge without putting a tarp down first! Nutter!

Yep,that or a dust sheet,BUT the bit I needed to do this afternoon is where all the "handy stuff" (paving slabs,sandstone blocks,bags of sand,tower scaffold,etc) is stacked,so covering was not really an option as I wouldn't be able to see where to step safely
    Last edited by bearded bloke; 03-08-2014, 05:04 PM. Reason: h
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Yeah, yeah! I hate clearing up, so I use a tarp wherever possible. We were cutting ornamental Taxus (Yew) so a tarp was the easy option, and anything we missed could get collected with a mower. Not so easy with big stuff though.

Have decided I'm not doing it again, as all three of us (roped Hubby in to help get it finished) have been suffering stiff necks and/or backache since - not as young as we were, I guess!
      Last edited by Glutton4...; 03-08-2014, 09:12 PM.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Right - chutney is made and in kilners; shep pies mince cooking on the hob; washing out and in (bone dry ); spare room Spring cleaned; shopping bought; french beans topped & tailed, chopped & froz; runner beans de-strung, sliced and froz.

No training planned for tonight - so what shall I do instead?

Edit to add: ........and a batch of rhubarb wine set up in the bucket
        Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 03-08-2014, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          Right - chutney is made and in kilners; shep pies mince cooking on the hob; washing out and in (bone dry ); spare room Spring cleaned; shopping bought; french beans topped & tailed, chopped & froz; runner beans de-strung, sliced and froz.

I think you deserve to chill out after doing that lot.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Good evening peeps.. Hope everyone is all well..Its still a gorgeous evening here right now.. Another weekend just about bites the dust...Back to work tomorrow after having 2 weeks off sure not looking forward to it..Enjoy the rest of your weekend peeps

Comment

Make some more biscuits and cake perhaps

Are we all happy chickies tonight? I've been annihilating a flower and shrub bed that had lost its identity to brambles and rampant geraniums Watch this space to see what I've discovered
              Time for dindins now - courgettes, onions and runnerbeans in a frittata-type thingy. Another wonderful meal from the garden that costs nowt
              I'm a very happy chicken!!

Comment

• Evening All ( sound like Jack Warner)

Very pleasant day in the Greenleaves household today. Spent the morning in town shopping for our impending holiday and then had an amble to the plot.....spent more time admiring and picking than actually working but not the less very rewarding.

Hope you have all enjoyed the day
                Last edited by Greenleaves; 03-08-2014, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Right - chutney is made and in kilners; shep pies mince cooking on the hob; washing out and in (bone dry ); spare room Spring cleaned; shopping bought; french beans topped & tailed, chopped & froz; runner beans de-strung, sliced and froz.

Edit to add: ........and a batch of rhubarb wine set up in the bucket
                  Gosh you have been busy today Hazel..Maybe relax on the sofa and read a good book

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Make some more biscuits and cake perhaps
                    That reminds me - here's the fruit cake for the Show next Sunday - under lock and key!!

Attached Files

Comment

• Looks nice Hazel but it would look even better in a slice on my plate

Comment

• Just had to wash the dog's bottom She has such a fluffy tail and long plumes on her hind legs - she is getting them stinky when she crouches down to wee. She was quite relieved when it was just the back end! Next I will have to de-tangle her once she has dried off.
                        Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

That reminds me - here's the fruit cake for the Show next Sunday - under lock and key!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48093[/ATTACH]
                          That looks so yummy Hazel..Yup its safe if its under lock and key..Give me the key and i will make sure VC does not gobble it..

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48093[/ATTACH]
                            Do you think anyone would notice if you sliced the bottom inch from the base.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lol - there is my post about dog's bottom sandwiched in between slices of cake
                              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• I don't trust any of you greedy lot! I'm also baking a beetroot cake this week for the Show- you can JUST LOOK at that too for the time being.

The chutney that I've made looks really thin - will it thicken up as it cools or should I empty it back into the pan and give it another boil up?? I'm entering a jar for the Show and don't want everyone to laugh!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X