This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all!

I put a loaf in the breadmaker over night so the kitchen smells lovely! It's impossible to slice fresh bread, though, so I'll wait till - uh - (nearly) lunchtime before I have some. .

Right - looking at the clock, I'm at the desk, and the day starts......now!

Comment

• Off to babysit Grandchild today. Bringing her back home here for the night. We will be picking blackberries this afternoon hopefully, equipped with carrier bags, wipes and bottle of water for swilling a sour one away.
      . Now she's nearly 8, picking at her shoulder height is perfect for avoiding any that the dogs may have wee'd on lol. It's a summer holiday thing for us, and always makes memories, which us Nannies aim to do.
      Have a great day peeps
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Looks like it's another kitchen day today for me.
        We gathered in loads of crops over the past 3 days and I need to finish off preserving them.
        Today I shall mostly be doing French beans and courgettes in preserving jars....yesterday was mostly plums( jams and tarts)
        It's nice to see the food store shelves in the cellar filling up again!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Hazel you'll be doing well if you manage to sit on your hands until lunchtime before getting that knife to your loaf

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
          . Now she's nearly 8, picking at her shoulder height is perfect for avoiding any that the dogs may have wee'd on lol. It's a summer holiday thing for us, and always makes memories, which us Nannies aim to do.
          Have a great day peeps
          Enjoy your day Sally, that's what having grandchildren is all about
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Off to the seaside today - got to take advantage of the sunny weather

Comment

• Originally posted by roger james View Post
              Off to the seaside today - got to take advantage of the sunny weather
              Have a good day Roger and if you're still around have a read here :- http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...iser_9990.html
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 05-08-2014, 09:45 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Afternoon All

Hope everyone is in good health and enjoying the fruits of our labour....my favourite time of year when the crops are plentiful and the holiday looms....only 11 more big sleeps

Comment

• Just had home made masoor dal and chapattis for lunch - pleased with my first efforts from my new cookbook. Rosie is currently chewing happily on a chapatti - I made enough for 4

Rosie is looking particularly fluffy after her trip to the groomers - the groomer agreed with me that she is a very pretty girl with lovely long feathers and she has de- tangled her beautifully. Rosie was a Very Good Dog for the whole session, so she is making up for it now by trying to rip up the vinyl on the kitchen floor
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Good afternoon Weather looks pretty dull here and looks like it is going to rain. Before I start preparing for mine and my fella's tea and then getting ready for work, I think I need a large coffee!
                    Carrie

Comment

• Good afternoon peeps..Hope everyone is all well... Its another gorgeous day here today..so glad my working day is over..Gonna have have a cuppa tea then start preparing dinner..

Comment

• Afternoon we've had a fair bit of rain today so its made the garden look all nice and fresh it didn't do much for the washing on the line though.

Comment

• Our rain is due tomorrow- so what have I spent all day doing???...yup- in the kitchen

I now have 3 pressure cooker sized pans full of various mixes of onion, courgette, french beans, red wine, red peppers, madras and balti curry and toms all for bottling in the steriliser tomorrow.

Hard work , but in Jan/Feb I'll be opening them with glee!

Managed to grate a large courgette and freeze it in 5 x 200g packs ready for making courgette lemon/orange drizzle cake in the winter!!

supper is cooking- and nope- I couldn't face courgette or beans tonight!!...bought broccoli I'm afraid!...needs must eh?
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening peeps..Time to put the kettle on to make a brew..Anyone for a cuppa tea

Comment

• Yes please SP, no sugar. Picked over 700g of blackberries today, washed and frozen. Was going to make jam but could not raise the enthusiasm, so will save them for another day. Ate a lovely tea cooked by hubby, gammon steak, fried pots, fried tomatoes, sweetcorn cob and fried egg. All veg picked just before cooking. Did the corn in the microwave with the leaves still on. 4 mins and I unpeeled the most golden cob you've ever seen.
                              Going to visit a nearby a Grape tomorrow, so hopefully she will show me how to post pics on Safari. So looking forward to lunch with them 😀
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• ^^^^^ Have a great day tomorrow Sally

Two days off now so plenty of time for the plot but got to have my 6 monthly check up with Cardiologist, best leave using the comfrey tea till afterwards

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X