Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon folks - tiring day today: dog went to a friend's house for a play date with her two dogs (a staffie and a JR) while I took myself off to town for a bit of shopping. Returned to find Rosie had been romping round the garden the whole time and was filthy - but very happy She is now sleeping it off.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Afternoon All. Sun is still shining bright, but ooh that wind is cutting. Better go get the washing in before the big black clouds arrive.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon

Flo we've had bright sunshine and rain on and off all day so it sounds like we've not had our usual weather sharing.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just been looking online and this is what the London Evening Standard had to say "Early winter hits Britain as temperatures plunge" Not what we want to hear peeps

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
            Ooh that sounds easier, G4! Any substitutes for feta? If not, how big to dice? Rough proportions?
            Sorry Martin, I'm a bit of a 'bung-it-all-in-and-see' kind of a Gal! We added breadcrumbs, garlic, herbs and spices, and bound it all up with egg. Trial and error, really - do different batches and see which you prefer.

Failing that, hunt out Binley's courgette cake recipe - it's ruddy gorgeous!
            Last edited by Glutton4...; 17-08-2014, 04:44 PM.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I do sometimes wonder where all the rows of carrots and lettuce disappear to? Do you ? Keep finding white 'label' things saying 'carrots ' or 'lettuce'. No sign. ( I know really) but just seemed to find a lot today.
              DottyR

Comment

• A first for me today. I visited an allotment today I didn't even know was there. Went down with Father In Law to visit his sister allotment. Came back with a load of Raspberry's
                Wow is all I can say. Its a massive place really tidy a few plots not looked after which I can't understand as there's a waited list. I had a walk around in the rain. There's one plot that nobody wanted with it been under shade. The plot owners have turned it into a wildlife garden. Its won Britain in bloom award for quite a number of years. Here's a few photos. My father in law is even on a few. A wildlife garden in the making | Basford Allotments Association

I'm not sure i could have a plot. Working full time & hoping to start a family id have no time to look after it. I'm quite happy with a greenhouse and raised beds.

Right off to make tea!
                @thecluelessgardener

Comment

• Evening folks!

Back from the Hill and thinking about dinner (which will include the obligatory courgettes). Except that I have just realised that the yummy rolled breast of lamb in the fridge needs 2 1/2 to 3 hrs to cook. Bum.

Well, I'm just about to pop to little Morries for the paper, so perhaps there is something yellow-stickered that I can have instead.

Comment

• Bren! If that's you moderating!
                    "good job done!"

Right! Best away for a week of courses on "Employment law" how riveting"

Have a good week "Gardening Folk"
                    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• We have an end of rump in the oven at the mo, slo-o-o-ow roasting. May be ready before dark, may not. Smells deeeeeeeelish. Hope you find sommat quick, cheap an' scrum my, Hazel!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Good evening peeps...Kids are just bedded..so going to relax and watch some tv for a bit..Then have that slice of lime cheesecake that is left in the fridge from dinner for supper...Enjoy the rest of your sunday peeps

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                          Well, I'm just about to pop to little Morries for the paper, so perhaps there is something yellow-stickered that I can have instead.
                          Like this, for example...

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                            Like this, for example...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48583[/ATTACH]
                            Now thats what i call a bargain Hazel..

Comment

• Time for me to say goodnight...see you tomorrow peeps

Comment

• Hope you had courgettes with it Hazel.
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X