• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooo is there any biscuits left? I won't mind a brew and biscuit

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    Carrie

Comment

• Of course, Carriann.

Bren's curry has been nagging at me, so when I nipped out for a paper earlier, I went into Aldi and looked at the contents of a tin of korma, memorised, and came home.

So on the hob I have simmering a portion of my ratatouille (that's tomatoes, courgettes and onion) with charlotte potatoes cut up quite small, peas, french beans, squirt of tomato puree and a few tomatoes. I added some desiccated coconut, and creamed coconut, and a couple of tablespoons of mild curry powder. I have some left over sour cream in the fridge, and I'm going to put a swirl of that in later.

Does that sound like it will be ok??

Comment

• Good afternoon peeps..Hope everyone is having a good day so far...Its been a wet and windy day here all day..Gonna have a quick shower then start preparing dinner..Tonite its chicken stir fry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          Bren's curry has been nagging at me, so when I nipped out for a paper earlier, I went into Aldi and looked at the contents of a tin of korma, memorised, and came home.

So on the hob I have simmering a portion of my ratatouille (that's tomatoes, courgettes and onion) with charlotte potatoes cut up quite small, peas, french beans, squirt of tomato puree and a few tomatoes. I added some desiccated coconut, and creamed coconut, and a couple of tablespoons of mild curry powder. I have some left over sour cream in the fridge, and I'm going to put a swirl of that in later.

Does that sound like it will be ok??
          You can't go wrong with curry I tend to put in a mix of spices but no coconut because I don't like it.

Tonight we've having something with kohlrabi not sure what yet maybe a gratin.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all

hope you are all well and that the weather is being kind to you?

Half way through the holiday now but felling very relaxed and enjoying some quality time with the OH. Daughter has kept me up to date with the plot so all good.

Comment

• Hazel,curry will be lovely, I make one using coconut milk ad whatever curry 'paste' I have, onion,potato, cauliflower, and squash ( whatever is in fridge) peppers and mushroom. Serve it with popadoms, maybe a bread,yogurt dips,and mango pickle. Very good.
              DottyR

Comment

• Tonight,we are having the 'remains of all meals' since about Tuesday,that's because I always cook too much and the fridge is full of 'leftovers', no hungry teenagers to eat them up anymore. Also got jacket pots, mini corn cobs and a fresh salad. Oh yes, and homemade banana ice cream and poached nectarines. Needed to be used!
                DottyR

Comment

• We just finished off the gammon - 3 days - with home grown corn, roast spuds, runners and shop bought cauliflower yummy, but glad to see the back of the gammon
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                    Tonight,we are having the 'remains of all meals' since about Tuesday,that's because I always cook too much and the fridge is full of 'leftovers', no hungry teenagers to eat them up anymore. Also got jacket pots, mini corn cobs and a fresh salad. Oh yes, and homemade banana ice cream and poached nectarines. Needed to be used!
                    Often my lunch is 'leftovers on toast' - makes my colleague laugh when I have fish pie on toast, or similar. Can't see what the big deal is myself.

Comment

Often my lunch is 'leftovers on toast' - makes my colleague laugh when I have fish pie on toast, or similar. Can't see what the big deal is myself.
                      I have to cook extra to get leftovers for lunch. My kids are like waste disposal units lol

Bex

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                        We just finished off the gammon - 3 days - with home grown corn, roast spuds, runners and shop bought cauliflower yummy, but glad to see the back of the gammon
                        Gammon three days in a row? What happened to meal planning - bet your domestic science teacher is spinning in her grave. Ours gave us an example of a meal plan 'fail' once - cauliflower, chicken, boiled potatoes - 'it's so BLAND to look at, girls, so BLAND!'

Do they do meal planning in domestic science in school now? Looking at the size of the average teenager in our town, and the popularity of Greggs, I'm guessing that this may not be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bex View Post
                          I have to cook extra to get leftovers for lunch. My kids are like waste disposal units lol
                          Good - can't abide waste!

Comment

Gammon three days in a row? What happened to meal planning - bet your domestic science teacher is spinning in her grave. Ours gave us an example of a meal plan 'fail' once - cauliflower, chicken, boiled potatoes - 'it's so BLAND to look at, girls, so BLAND!'

Do they do meal planning in domestic science in school now? Looking at the size of the average teenager in our town, and the popularity of Greggs, I'm guessing that this may not be the case.
                            Fortunately, I only had it twice, hubby got the three lol. He did have it in an omelette one day though
                            . Just my busy week Hazel, thought it would only be two days dinner .
                            You will be pleased to know that we are having lamb steaks tomorrow, with the aforesaid veggies minus corn, plus carrots. Yes, I am married to a meat and two veg man, but he will eat curry now and again.
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Me and my youngest went for a curry tonight after uniform shopping. We went to Shaban's in boldmere, do you know it hazel? It was gorgeous.

Bex

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                                You will be pleased to know that we are having lamb steaks tomorrow, with the aforesaid veggies minus corn, plus carrots.
                                I love lamb steaks! I may pop round.

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                                Yes, I am married to a meat and two veg man, but he will eat curry now and again.
                                I can't get over that 'meat as a central part of the meal' very often either - a vegetable stir fry, or veg curry works for me (or quiche and salad, say), but for me, however lovely the veg, there is something missing on the plate without the meat.

I think Hugh Fingy-Whatsit based a veggie cookbook/tv series on this premise - that the veg could/should be the centrepoint of a meal, but it passed me by. Probably should check it out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X