X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    I love lamb steaks! I may pop round.

I can't get over that 'meat as a central part of the meal' very often either - a vegetable stir fry, or veg curry works for me (or quiche and salad, say), but for me, however lovely the veg, there is something missing on the plate without the meat.

I think Hugh Fingy-Whatsit based a veggie cookbook/tv series on this premise - that the veg could/should be the centrepoint of a meal, but it passed me by. Probably should check it out.
    I watched that series a few weeks ago. I did think it was very good as it was about the time I went off meat. It gave me hope I wouldn't starve lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    Bex

Comment

• Originally posted by Bex View Post
      Me and my youngest went for a curry tonight after uniform shopping. We went to Shaban's in boldmere, do you know it hazel? It was gorgeous.
      Corner of Redacre Rd? No, I've not been there - thanks for the recommendation. If we go for a curry in Boldmere, we tend to opt for the Kababish on the traffic lights. We've been to the Simla (on that same stretch) and it was dreadful!

Comment

Corner of Redacre Rd? No, I've not been there - thanks for the recommendation. If we go for a curry in Boldmere, we tend to opt for the Kababish on the traffic lights. We've been to the Simla (on that same stretch) and it was dreadful!
        It was on a corner lol word to the wise you have to take your own alcohol. Kababish is gorgeous too, I've been there a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
        Bex

Comment

• Yum! I do think that this veg curry concoction is a success! Hurrah!

I can't make my mind up whether it needs the addition of a splosh of sour cream or not. I keep walking past the pan for a nibble to deliberate - but at this rate, there will not be any curry left to add the cream too....

Comment

• Off to the Cotswolds today to visit inlaws, now in their 80's, and getting frail. Out to lunch, which will be lovely, and then long drive home tonight. Am taking them some 'samples', of jam and chutney, and some tomatoes. See ya later.
            DottyR

Comment

• Morning Dotty, have a safe journey and a good day. Happy Friday one and all Very cloudy here, but it's supposed to be getting warmer for the weekend. Hope so. See you later.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Yet another shift in the Charity Shop for me this morning. Hopefully everyone whose shifts I am covering will all be back next week.
                Decided to have a flash sale of shoes and handbags yesterday which went extremely well, might do that again today.
                Weather is dull and cloudy, Autumn looks like it has arrived in my garden.
                Have a lovely Friday everyone
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• G'Mooooooooornin' Peeps! Rush-rush today. Having to fit in Tuesday's job that got rained-off. Catch ya laaaaaaaater.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I can't get over that 'meat as a central part of the meal' very often either - a vegetable stir fry, or veg curry works for me (or quiche and salad, say), but for me, however lovely the veg, there is something missing on the plate without the meat.
                    Neither can my family! They're not too keen on quiche either (last nights offering) and curry is a definite no no. My OH and teenage boys don't like spice (aggravates my OH stomach) and they are all going through my cupboards looking for extras if I do a stir fry. Much easier if I just make meat and veg......

Today the boys are again at pre season rugby training all morning and we've got a hospital appointment this afternoon.
                    Rugby festival all day tomorrow, debating whether to have the day home alone or go and cheer them on....yes, I'm the annoying parent who shouts them on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                      Decided to have a flash sale of shoes and handbags yesterday which went extremely well, might do that again today.
                      Oh, and I'm still looking for a seriously high, strappy shoe in a size 4,5 or 6 that I can cut up and make a mould from for my cake. Nothing around here. I can't cut up my own...

Comment

• Morning its hair cut time again this morning and its not to windy so I'll be going on my bike.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all! Looks like sunshine out there from behind the desk, and Domino will be pleased that the back door is open so he can stroll back and forth easily between the bench and his food bowl.

I've had a load of photos through from various contractors which need cataloging, so that's what I'll be doing today. Best get on......

Comment

• How was you curry Hazel did you add the cream in the end ?
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning All, Just rushed in from the garden ...........wet. Why does it chuck it down when I'm at the furthest end and have to fight my way out of the dripping raspberry canes
                              PS, This is all a slight exaggeration but that's how it felt at the time.................ooh look, the sun's out again
                              Hope we're all smiley today - its FRIDAAAAAAAAAY

Comment

• Good afternoon. Hope your all well. It started to rain when I went out to water my veggies I've done my cleaning and fed my rabbit. So now I think I am going to chill out with a book until tea tonight. Thinking of making fish pie.(I only use cod fish ha so really it's a cod pie!)
                                Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X