This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Do you live in walking distance to the pub Hazel? You always seem to pop out late. It's a car drive for me so if I've not gone by 8, I dont bother! Taxis home are pricey
    Yup i totally agree Scarlet...I think Hazel sprints to the pub

Comment

• Yes - sprints to the pub and staggers home again
      Don't tell Hazel I said so, she'll throw stale cookies at me

Comment

• Stale cooooookies!? They don't last long enough to go stale!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Just hoping there might be a couple left, G4

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post

Anyone want to join me in a G & T whilst I order a CUUUUUUUURRRRRRYYYYYYYYY!? Well, I got £25 on the lottery, so may as well waste it!
            Saw this and I thought of you

Comment

Anyone want to join me in a G & T whilst I order a CUUUUUUUURRRRRRYYYYYYYYY!? Well, I got £25 on the lottery, so may as well waste it!
              Curry is never wasted money G4...never!!

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              Evening all!

Orf on a run - save me wine and curry!
              Oh the dedication, so admirable

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Glass of fizz for me please...tired after my day out at the chilli fair.
              How was the fair Scarlet?
              Buy anything?

Just about to have some red myself, but have a busy day tomorrow with youngest daughter's 5th birthday party and then off for a spin on the bike..
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

• Kids birthday parties, I love them! You've had a whole weekend of celebrations. Plenty of cake then! You'll be shattered come Monday!

The fair was good, loads of jams, jellies, oils and sauces. Some lovely chilli plants and a load of seeds. I came home with some garlic from the garlic farm. I haven't bought any for years but the bulbs were huge. So I treated myself.

Kids are home, battered and bruised. Rugby is a pretty rough game

Comment

• LOL @ VC!

Agreed, Trip, and yummy it was too.

Feel a bit like a balloon now, though. Curry doesn't really agree with me, but I love it sooooooo much that occasionally I just have to partake.

Comment

Curry doesn't really agree with me, but I love it sooooooo much that occasionally I just have to partake.
                    I thought there was a funny smell. I thought it was the garlic pest deterrent I'd been brewing

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Do you live in walking distance to the pub Hazel? You always seem to pop out late. It's a car drive for me so if I've not gone by 8, I dont bother! Taxis home are pricey
                      Us urban dwellers are never far from a pub, Scarlet! I'm about 100yds from the town centre which includes Aldi, little Waitrose, little Morries, a dept store, usual 'chains' and (I worked this out once) 13 pubs within a 15min walk.

Not that these are necessarily to the liking, depending on the company of the evening. . I'm generally given a lift, as we might be going to Pub, Local But Expensive Pub, or Nice Pub, or Cheap Beer Pub, or Expensive And Not Very Good Beer Pub (But Has Comfy Seating), or Pub with Sometimes has Fantastic Beer But Can Be a Great Disappointment, or Pub With Live Music On A Tuesday. Etc, etc.

Since my student days and working in a pub, I've always treated going for a beer as a bit of an incidental to an evening rather than the focus of it - and it means that I can get other things done in the evening too, like baking, tea, a run etc. Also, if I went to the pub at 8pm, I'd be fit for nothing by 10.0 and dancing on the tables by 11.0.......

Originally posted by Strawberry patch View Post
                      Yup i totally agree Scarlet...I think Hazel sprints to the pub
                      Actually, I went through a phase of running to Pub With Quiz (just over a mile away), but that 'glowing' appearance did put off my team...

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Yes - sprints to the pub and staggers home again
                      Don't tell Hazel I said so, she'll throw stale cookies at me
                      Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                      Stale cooooookies!? They don't last long enough to go stale!
                      Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Just hoping there might be a couple left, G4
                      Stale cookies? Not round here, matey - however well they are hidden, there always appears to be a trail of crumbs leading SWW from here....

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                      Oh the dedication, so admirable
                      10k race a week tomorrow, Trip. Undulating course means I'll not PB, but being that its in Sutton Park (just short of 1km from my front door), I can't not enter....

Comment

• Jeeeeeeeez, I wish they'd FIX THE RUDDY QUOTE ERROR, reading all that on the ipad made my eyes hurt!

G'Mooooooooornin' Peeps! Windy here this morning - In more ways than one!!

Coffee?

Comment

• Good morning. Just got In from my nightshift. Been in the garden and I am not happy. but apart from that it's sunny here and it's my day off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                          Carrie

Comment

• Good morning everyone..Hope everyone is all well today....Its a bright sunny morning here right now..Forecast is good for today so fingers crossed..Time to make a cuppa..Coffee anyone??

Comment

• Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                              Good morning. Just got In from my nightshift. Been in the garden and I am not happy. but apart from that it's sunny here and it's my day off!!

Good morning Carrie..Enjoy your day off my friend

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawberry patch View Post
                                Good morning Carrie..Enjoy your day off my friend
                                Thank you Donald.

Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X