• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Thursdays evenings are alcohol only nights

Grab yer coat girl, you've pulled
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

No thanks! Thursdays evenings are alcohol only nights
      They sure are. Just had a lovely evening get-together with old colleagues, some I haven't seen for over 2years. So nice, so good, we were a great organisation, the young people we worked with,just don't get the support anymore.

Anyway, I wasn't driving so especially nice, feel really good now and very sentimental.
      DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by WendyC View Post
        Off to bed soon too. Long day as up with the lark to take No1 son to uni. Asked if he had his passport as is off on a field trip. Yes it's at uni. Get home and receive a text, passport not at uni. 30 seconds look in his bedroom and I found the passport. Off to the PO to post special delivery. Don't you love them. No sun all day here and looks like will have to wait til Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
        Is this his first year Wendy? What subject is he taking?.seems to be looming fast for me and it felt like they were only babies not long ago

Comment

• Evening peeps!

Thanks for the links BM - not sure if I can get my head around wowcher - not very intuitive. Why can't you just put in your postcode, and category = restaurant, and the search come back with whatever deals, and the distance away?

Hey ho - suspect I might just get a million emails that I don't want, but I'll have another look at it tomorrow.

We went to Ask and had the 2 courses for £10.95. Mum had starter and main (we shared the starter) and I have main and pud (we shared the pud). This way you don't get massively stuffed, and I only ever want a little taste of the sweet anyway. Brill.

We came back here for a coffee and mum finished off my jigsaw. and found there was a piece missing .

Never mind - hot choc and a sleepy cat to take to bed now, I think.

Comment

• Sat here on the 5th day of spring, refusing to light the fire, and freezing me bits orf!

I have 15 mins to find a style of top to make so I can pack for the w/e off with 2 teenagers............what fun! They'll be more sick of me than the other way round I'm thinking :P
            I have the spakfilla for my face, and some war paint. Embarrassing mothers...there should be a show for it.

Tis wet and cold here. The wet is good, but the cold not appreciated. At least I got the garden half mulched last days off. The back garden will need to wait now. Off to the fashion site to find something I won't look like a sight in, and something simple to make.
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• I thought you could filter them by area Hazel...........I'm sure when I used to look on them you could search local deals.
              Last edited by Bigmallly; 04-09-2014, 11:10 PM.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning All and Happy Friday Be prepared for daily (and sometimes twice daily) e-mails from Gro**pn and W**cher Hazel! Some good deals to be had though and you can usually read the headline and delete without opening. I'm really looking forward to the weekend, I've worked hard this week and there's no respite next week so I plan to make the most of the two S's. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• G'Moooooooooooornin' Peeps!

Second morning in a row that we've been up early. Hubby has a long face. Those two sentences are connected! seriously,I think he's developing this sleeping sickness I've heard about; the more sleep you have the more you think you want. I am breaking the cycle. Tough love, an' all that.

All you voucher nuts, why not use a separate email account for all the 'stuff' so it doesn't encroach on all the 'real' things. That's what I do with 'random' sites, anyway.

Coffee?
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Is this his first year Wendy? What subject is he taking?.seems to be looming fast for me and it felt like they were only babies not long ago
                    No third and final year. Not even a teenager anymore! He's studying Environmental Sciences although I think he may well look for a job using his other skills of photography and graphic design. Who knows. No2 son is in Y11 and going through the "Kevin" stage. I have been shopping for school uniform and school shoes for the last time.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Morning everyone.

It always happens, I go away for a few days then it seems to take ages to get back into routine again!
                      Still, yesterday felt like a normal day, I got down the allotment and lifted a decent quantity of potatoes. The weeds are racing away and the slugs are as busy as I can remember.

Today Mrs H and I are off to the Wisley Flower Show. We've never been before so looking forward to it. Hopefully the M25 will behave itself.

Time for a coffee while the rush hour dissipates?
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Morning everyone...It's FRIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
                        ...and am I glad....Its been a long week what with work and lots of kiddies birthday parties to eat cake at...I am seriously all caked out...........for now

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                        Grab yer coat girl, you've pulled
                        Now, now, form an orderly queue

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        I thought you could filter them by area Hazel...........I'm sure when I used to look on them you could search local deals.
                        Jeez, Mally, when I scanned over this quickly the first time, I thought it said, search by local deaths !! Those places probably best avoided
                        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                        sigpic

Comment

• Morning Nutters - I'm up early too, waiting for the Red Arrows to flypast my window..............think I blinked and missed them
                          Looks like another sunshiny day on the funny farm - happy to share the sunbeams. Pass them around please
                          Have a luvly day everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                            I thought you could filter them by area Hazel...........I'm sure when I used to look on them you could search local deals.
                            I'll have another look later, BM, ta.

Comment

• Morning all! Looks like sunshine from here behind the desk - and yes, it's FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY!

We have our monthly 'works lunch' today , so that's me and my colleague to Downstairs Pub Which Used To Be A Nightclub for scampi and chips or similar. Marvellous.

Lots to do before that, though, so best get on.

Comment

• Morning we have another day with sunshine I can get used to this

G4 I've got what I call my 'spam email' account it only gets used for newsletters, surveys, sign ups and that sort of thing.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X