Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a bit of a different evening for me today - saw mum earlier (she muscled in on our 'works lunch' ) so not seeing her to go shopping (which is always more about being an excuse for tea out and a gossip than about going round the supermarket).

So I can either bottle the rhubarb wine, or do my legs.

It's alright being in my shorts and T with footballer's legs on my own running round Sutton Park, but another thing to be like that with 1,999 others in the race on Sunday.
    Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 05-09-2014, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• As for me...........
      When I'm good, I'm very very good,
      But when I'm bad I'm horrid.....................

Please Miss, is there any tiffin left, 'cos if there isn't I'll pull your hair and poke my tongue out at you

Comment

• Blimey - you only have to open the biscuit tin round here and there is the sound of stampeding chicken feet from the West....

Comment

• I'm feeling a bit peckish, Miss

I'm on my way

Comment

• Our 'Allotment Association' is making real progress, we have our own 'Website', how impressed are you all?
            DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              Sorry, I forget that your cup of tea and custard time is a little before mine.

Here you go - piece of tiffin each.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49179[/ATTACH]
              MMMMmmmm Yummy Hazel.....

Comment

• The Wisley flower show was brilliant.

I was a bit worried at first because all three on-site car parks were full, as was the first overflow car park so it seemed like we were miles away from the place. But in fact it was only a short walk to the back gate and they had a tea stall just inside

Also we got to walk through the heather garden and the pinetum, a part of Wisley I don't often get as far as seeing.

Anyway, there were lots of exhibitors selling all kinds of plants and equipment, but my favorite bit was the National Dahlia Society Annual Show. I've never seen so many fantastic blooms arranged for judging! Here's a picture.

I'm definitely going to grow a few more dahlias for cutting on the allotment next year. In the meantime I couldn't resist buying a couple of different plants, a white Phlox paniculata and an alpine Calceolaria.

A great day out. Recommended, although I suspect the parking will be even busier at the weekend!
                Attached Files
                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Lovely dahlias Martin, sounds like you had a lovely day. I was hunched over a computer screen all day validating patient pathways. Such fun. Never mind, two whole days to chillax - after all the housework is done of course.
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    Lovely dahlias Martin, sounds like you had a lovely day. I was hunched over a computer screen all day validating patient pathways. Such fun. Never mind, two whole days to chillax - after all the housework is done of course.
                    Snap - except for me, without the important patient bit. And I had a nice lunch out.

Two days off.

Small matter of the 10k race on Sunday, mind.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                      Sorry, I forget that your cup of tea and custard time is a little before mine.
                      Here you go - piece of tiffin each

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49179[/ATTACH]
                      Hazel our afternoon snack time is between half 3 to half 4 any later and its put me of my tea, wish i'd left room for a piece of tiffin now it does look yum
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Ok peeps..Its friday night..Anyone fancy a glass of red wine

Comment

• Thanks, but a bit early for me Sp, my bar opens about 9-ish with a nice cold lager
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawberry patch View Post
                            Ok peeps..Its friday night..Anyone fancy a glass of red wine
                            Yep pour me a glass please

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                            Bex

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Good day, bad day.

Got loads done at customer's -but didn't get time to go play on the big lanky Orse.
                              Managed to get to the Butcher before he closed and got some bargains for the Dawgs - but having trouble fitting it all in the freezer.
                              Have planned to have Monday free for a 'Jolly' with chums - but have to work tomorrow
                              Have an unexpected drawing commission just come in this evening but it's wanted by next Saturday!
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Good evening! Just finished work. Other half is making tea. Got so much to do before I go bed tonight. Going to a wedding tomorrow. But firstly I need a glass of wine to function

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                                Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X