Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just been to Lids and bought 4 bouquets of flowers for £11.50, going to cobble them into a bouquet for my Welsh friend who has been married 50 years today. I have enough flowers for a £40 florists bouquet , so should be nice. Her family have arranged a get together at a not quite local pub as a surprise.
    Come back from that and then off to our local football clubs 40th Anniversary party. They have got a live band together that we used to dance to 20 years ago. Don't know if I could now lol.
    Off to Bournemouth for 2 nights on Monday, geesh I will need a rest after all that
    Laters
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all - a late start for me as the hound was so sound asleep she forgot to wake me up! The cat did her best but I shushed her and she napped beside me as well.

Yesterday evening I went for a walk in the park with two Springers - mine and my neighbour's - and we went the long way round with a tennis ball chucker and of course they had to go swimming in the lake! Both were quite easy to catch at the end (much to my relief) and sat nicely on my back seat for the drive home. I think they wore each other out! So I think this may be a regular date - I haven't laughed so much for ages they were both so funny. Brilliant exercise for them both. I can't wait for snow so I can chuck snowballs for them!
      Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Jeanie.............................................SNOW
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Lol LD - because I hate the dull dark days in winter I absolutely love the snow as it makes everything bright! Dog hasn't experienced it yet in her short life, but she loves munching ice cubes
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Bore da Its drizzle here but not to worry, I've had a brainwave that involves old videos and seeds. Just off to see if it works.................
            Hhope you have a good un, whatever the weather brings you today
            I'm intrigued Chick - I threw away 30+ videos last weekend - can't give them away, so they went in the bin. Hope you haven't come up with something I could have used them for!

Afternoon All, raining here, so mopping floors and hovering. Now there's a novelty, the auto-correct will not allow me to put a "oo" in hovering! Postie's here so off to see if there's anything exciting
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Flo, try typing the word then right click, see if there is an option to .. add to dictitionary

Mopping floors & hoovering ...... is her madge coming around for tea & bikkits ? (I remember posts of old
              Last edited by bearded bloke; 06-09-2014, 01:22 PM.
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Add to dictionary brings back memories BB. Years ago I used to type out multiple choice questions for medical exams (we did a course for junior doctors studying for MRCP). My word processor's dictionary was almost as good as my Gould tome!

You're right, Liz (aka Madge) and Phil were always invited on Fridays for fish and chips after I'd cleaned the bathroom (so clean you could eat off the floor), but they always stood me up. Put on a clean apron each week too

Comment

• hoovering Ooh, clever BB. I highlighted it, right clicked and the option "stop correcting hoovering" came up. Windows 8 - not as bad as I thought

Comment

• Damned unsocial them royal types bet they never returned the courtesy either

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      hoovering Ooh, clever BB. I highlighted it, right clicked and the option "stop correcting hoovering" came up. Windows 8 - not as bad as I thought
                      Excellent well done Flo, I think in amerrykey the do vacuuming as opposed to hoovering

Comment

• Oh I am such a wimp!

I decided to open the bottom of one of my compost bins, to see if anything was decomposing like it's supposed to, I always give the thing a kick in case there's a rat lurking in there, there wasn't, but a Huge, slow worm dropped out, thought it was a snake, I waited a minute and it slide back in. Luckily no one else was around to hear my scream!
                        DottyR

Comment

• In space, Dotty, no-one can hear you scream. I think I would have been transported if I'd seen that, even if it is nice to know you've got them in your garden they'd be Alien to me. See what I did there? Ok yes I'm bored. Bread dough is in the airing cupboard, hope it rises and the passata is in the oven. I've had a bit of a stroll round my garden and been amazed at how many snails are travelling around after the rain with their heads in the air. Not for long, I can tell you

Comment

• saw something this morning on the TV(news ?) about slugs and snails,how the spanish ones look like the british ones,they can only tell the difference on dissecting,they seem to be in areas,like east anglia,i know this has been raised on here before,but this was today,was on about reporting big infestations to defra,cannot remember all that was said,they had some in a container in the studio,on the table bless your life,eeeeuk,
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

Dotty I've never seen a slow worm so I've had a google.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarternooooooooon Peeps! I iz pooped. Still, customer is happy, and has paid well. Hope they have a fantastic party after all the effort and expense. How t'other half live hey!?
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X