This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
    Talking of lamb Dotty, having one of my favourite meals tonight, slow roasted breast of lamb stuffed with garlic and rosemary, was a stapple when growing up and although people turn their nose up at some of the cheaper cuts I love it.

Even better when served with home produce
    Mmmm that sounds lush. How long to you slow roast that for?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    Bex

Comment

• 4 hours gas mark 4

Comment

• The cheaper cuts are the tastier, just need longer, slower cooking, lovely.
        DottyR

Comment

• Ohhh I,ve made myself really hungry now, off out for a 'tai ' meal in a minute.
          DottyR

Comment

• I am amazed at how many cheaper cuts are now in vogue. Lamb shanks used to be given away now as dear as chops

Comment

• The bread tastes delicious, the best I've done recently, though not a patch on Bren's. The recipe said divide into 8, but I think it would have been better as 6. Next time. Just off on the game. Have a lovely evening
              Hazel that lamb will be delicious, however you cook it.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps!

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                Oh - forgot to ask - I bought some lamb shoulder fillet from Sains last night - any ideas on how to cook it?? I'm thinking of lamb goulash?
                Hubby slices Lamb Fillet like a beef/steak fillet (Medallions) and does a loverly sauce with leeks, mushers and cream. Deeeeeeeeeelish! Might be a different cut, but still worth a try.

Did someone mention Lamb Shanks? The best recipe ever was from on here somewhere. You'll have to search yourselves, I'm on the G & T!
                Last edited by Glutton4...; 13-09-2014, 06:22 PM.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                  Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps!

Hubby slices it like a beef /steak fillet (Medallions) and does a overly sauce with leeks, mushers and cream. Deeeeeeeeeelish!

Did someone mention Lamb Shanks? The best recipe ever was from on here somewhere. You'll have to search yourselves, I'm on the G & T!
                  Tut tut Glutton

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                  Bex

Comment

• I've just had yellow stickered smoked fish and mash with broccoli from the garden.
                    Would you believe that the label on the fish packet says " Allergy advice: Contains fish" That's reassuring, I thought it was a lump of marzipan "may contain Nuts"
                    Had a good day in the garden - no idea what I've done but it felt good and that's what matters
                    Sounds like you've all been having a busy day, slaving over a hot stove! Your bread smells delicious Flo. Is there any left?

Comment

• Pppphhhhhttttttt to you!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Don't interrupt, VC. My comment wasn't meant for you! Lol
                      Last edited by Glutton4...; 13-09-2014, 06:27 PM.
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        Just off on the game. Have a lovely evening

You kept that quiet Flo.

Comment

• Evening all - long time no see. Hope you're all well.

Comment

• Hey guys

Sorry i've not been on here for a few days I've been on holiday!
                            Staying in a Parkdean caravan park in Great Yarmouth. Lovely caravan, entertainment wasn't very good. Some guy in the caravan across from us let his dog poop and didn't bother to pick it up. Some drunk women racing around on a laundry trolley. A part from that we had a great time. Great weather! Sadly we didn't have chip on the sea front!
                            Now where to go on are next holiday!

So how is everyone?
                            @thecluelessgardener

Comment

• Hey up RL, hope you are also well.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                                Hazel, Can you not make a lamb curry like Bren did the other day? Yum?
                                Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                                Spicy Moroccan lamb, ( Jamie o), opr iamb tagine, or lamb hotpot type casserole. Mmmm all delicious
                                Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                                Hubby slices Lamb Fillet like a beef/steak fillet (Medallions) and does a loverly sauce with leeks, mushers and cream. Deeeeeeeeeelish! Might be a different cut, but still worth a try.
                                Thanks peeps - will try something different next time - I've gone for the lamb goulash as I have been out and bought the caraway seeds. Smells delish - the tomato juice from my own tommies too.

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                                Evening all - long time no see. Hope you're all well.
                                Lovely to see you RL.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X