Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon woke up today feeling like I've had a round with Mike Tyson. My shoulder, my back, my hip, my knee and feet are hurting me. Don't know what I have done. Was fine when I went to sleep this morning. Weather looks dull here, so think I am just going to have a relaxing day and catch up on last nights x-factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
    Last edited by cariann88; 14-09-2014, 01:17 PM.
    Carrie

Comment

• Afternoon I've spent most of the day in the garden, turning compost, picking beans some for drying some to freeze, then made my dough for baking later on.

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post

The sun is out, and when I've got myself organised, I will be off to re-run last weeks race route, which I have now measured accurately. Two laps of the course are, in fact, 10k - the extra distance we ran was accounted for by the distance from the start line to the start of the lap, and that long finishing straight from the end of the lap to crossing the line.

All I have to do now is to remember to turn my watch on at the start, and off at the finish.

I will miss the enthusiasm of the cheering crowds and the competition of my fellow runners, but on the plus side, I will also avoid that waft of hot oil from the donut stand which nearly made me throw up 20m from the end.
      Hazel I was cheering along with the rest of the chat thread
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just emerged from No1 son's bedroom where I am having the major clear out I asked him to do over the summer. Trouble I don't know what is needed and what's rubbish. He'll have to accept my judgement!

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Good afternoon. Does the urge to cook ever overtake you? I've now got chicken tikka marinading for a tikka masala tomorrow. All made from scratch. The downside to this is I used the chicken that was supposed to be for tonight's dinner.

Bex

Comment

• I sometimes kind if do the opposite, plan and buy something for dinner, forget, and then cook something else!
            DottyR

Comment

• Next years 'potato order' , now in, and paid for, Rocket, Charlotte and Romano, total cost £6.80.
              DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                Next years 'potato order' , now in, and paid for, Rocket, Charlotte and Romano, total cost £6.80.
                Have you grown them all before?

Bex

Comment

• Prevening All Been outside all day. The weather's a bit mixed, but no rain so pleasantly tired. Bacon sandwiches this morning on the bread I made yesterday - can't wait to make another batch tomorrow which is another day off work. Welcome back RL, where you been? Hope you've not been ill?
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! What a lovely day - productive, too!

Did the Nags, then came home to help with the clearing of the overgrown corner where the Peach tree stands. Looks kind-a bare now lol

G & T?
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Hazel I was cheering along with the rest of the chat thread
                      Thank you, Bren & all. Nutters to a man!

I've got the lamb goulash for tea that I made yesterday evening - I had a nibble when I took it out the slow oven last night and it tastes delish.

Oh! Lightbulb moment! it would go really well with a jacket spud!

I'm going to put the oven on and while it's cooking I can have a bath. Marvellous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bex View Post
                        Have you grown them all before?

Yes, think so, like Rocket,cos they are so early, charlottes in bags, and Romano I have done in the past, so that should keep us going,ok
                        DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Bex View Post
                          Good afternoon. Does the urge to cook ever overtake you? I've now got chicken tikka marinading for a tikka masala tomorrow. All made from scratch. The downside to this is I used the chicken that was supposed to be for tonight's dinner.
                          It does me, today I've baked bread rolls, apple and blackberry slice, apple blackberry and raspberry crumble plus a tray of roasted toms. Tonights tea is a frittata so that won't take long.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all

Quick question

Another 2 Demi johns on the go, but only had one yeast, made a yeast starter and split between. My reasoning, it would just take longer to get going.... Is my reasoning correct?
                            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
                              Evening all

Quick question

Another 2 Demi johns on the go, but only had one yeast, made a yeast starter and split between. My reasoning, it would just take longer to get going.... Is my reasoning correct?
                              Yep - quite right, and right reasoning too.

What have you got on the go?

Comment

• Yayyyy! Put an appeal out on Streetlife locally for an allotment helper. Got an answer from someone whose son would possibly help. Met up with him today and took him to the plot and he reckons he can help me out on a regular basis if he enjoys it! He is a youngster at college doing a course in personal training and he likes the outdoors and physical work. Fingers crossed this one works out.
                                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X