This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    Yep - quite right, and right reasoning too.

What have you got on the go?
    Blackberry and peach and ta oracle much appreciated.

Racked off the tea bag, 2xstrawberry and one rose too today. The tea bag needs another couple of weeks me thinks, clearing nicely without no finings and stabiliser
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• The blackberries was left over from daughter and I spending the afternoon together just the two of us having a nice chat and a good forage it was a great afternoon
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• Blackberry makes terrific wine, as does elderberry - I might have to go foraging at the weekend. The blackberries in the park are a bit inferior, but there's a hedgerow full of 'em by the Creepy Abandoned Farm over on the other side of the Hill. Er - might have to take a friend with me.

Well done, Jeanie on your helper! Tell the lad it's an extra workout he's doing and he should be keen enough. He might be a bit non-plussed with veg to take home, but I bet he won't turn down anything you make from what you've grown.

The lamb goulash was - as predicted - utterly scrummy. I've spent the last couple of hours in the company of R4 and the sewing machine, shortening some net curtains. Job done.

And now time for a mug of hot choc and bed, I think. Nos da, peeps, sleep well.

Comment

• ****** sneaks in quietly, looks & leaves without making a sound ******
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Very Early Good Morning

Stinking cold and cant sleep, bunged up and pounding head, just what I need after a month off.

Yesterday's plans went out the window as I sat feeling sorry with myself.....ho hum

Need a good rub down with the Sporting Life

Comment

• Hope you're feeling better real soon GL.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Oh GL, I've got a walking wounded at home who is feeling miserable too!

Dislocated shoulder while playing rugby yesterday....he can't even work the controls on his xbox!,, but at least ge gets a day off school!
                Last edited by Scarlet; 15-09-2014, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• G'Moooooooornin' Peeps! hope the walking wounded are not in too much pain. One of my horsey chums busted her collarbone yesterday. eventing = mental!

Fortunately the only thing I have to moan about today is a horrid hair-do. Yes, I know it was two weeks ago, but it hasn't grown out yet (obviously) and I haven't got over it yet. I can't tuck it behind my ears, and it tickles the back of my neck - think pudding-basin. Aaaaaarrrrrggghhh!! At least I don't have to look at it, I guess!

Coffee?
                  Last edited by Glutton4...; 15-09-2014, 08:03 AM.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Morning

GL hope you feel better soon have a good soak in the bath it always seems to help.

Scarlet your lad must be bad not to be able to work his xbox

G4 the offer of my plant pot still stands
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all!

Dull here in the Midlands at the mo - might brighten up later.

I was woken up by the sound of skip lorry over the road at one of the new houses - what on earth can you be doing to a house which has been completed for less that 6wks that necessitates a skip?

Busy day file shuffling here - I have sales emails to send. Any bets at what point I will be back in here saying I'm BOOOOOOOOORED?

Have a good day, folks.

Comment

• Morning all, dull, dull, dull here in W.London. Hope it brightens up later or I'll be stuck doing housework
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Afternoon. Sunny here done my exercises this morning, going to go have a shower now and properly go spend the rest of the afternoon in the garden and check my veggies. Have a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                          Carrie

Comment

• Afternoon all,just got back from stables with 6 trugs of well rotted manure. It's laid on the beds drying out in the sun. Just having a spot of lunch before I go hoe the beds.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaaaarternoooooooon Peeps! bright and warm and sunny here - I'm back under the sunshade! Horsey chores done, dogs walked, and brekkie eaten - in that order. I'd forgotten about brekkie until my stomach started rumbling at about 11am - that's actually stranger than it seems, because I've only been 'doing' brekkie for two weeks lol

Time for a quick cuppa, and catch up on emails, then I have plants to get in the ground.
                              Last edited by Glutton4...; 15-09-2014, 11:50 AM.
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Am having a bit of a 'wobble', about 'preserving tomatoes in any other way, apart from freezing and chutney. My freezer is full, I have sufficient chutney, and I made Passata last week, but now am worried it's going to be 'safe'? and not kill us from botulism or food poisoning. I picked another 6/7 lbs this morning, froze 2.5 lbs, and still have loads more red ones ready for plucking, and lots that will be ready tomorrow etc. I'm going to give more away to neighbours later, but any ideas? and any reassurance please?
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X