This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! and Hi Petal! *waves

I remember you, but as I see you on FB I guess I would! Have a chum at the stables going through it at the moment, too - third dose of Chemo (or Jungle Juice, as she calls it) last Friday. ((Hugs)) from this side of the 'net, and the best healing vibes. Glad the family are looking after your garden.

G & T, anyone?
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Scotch with ice for me please G4 - how are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by petal View Post
        Hello all. Not ventured on here in a very long time. I am off work at moment kicking breast cancers arse.
        Missing my garden but my son has tended it this summer. Don't know if anyone can remember me as I used to frequent here. Doesn't matter if you don't. Hello!

I don't know you Petal, but good to see you, hope your health continues to improve, keep kicking, sounds like you have a super and lovely son. So big 'hello'.
        DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by rustylady View Post
          Scotch with ice for me please G4 - how are you?
          Hello RL, you ok?
          DottyR

Comment

• Evening All. The print is wearing off my "like" button Welcome back Petal, good to see you
            Youngest Golden Girl went to London for the weekend as her birthday treat Hazel - Harry Potter World included. Wish I'd gone (I can hear you all saying that I wouldn't need to borrow a broomstick ) and I bet Bren would have loved it too! Off for a quick rant
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening all - this dog of mine has got so used to having Barleysugar staying with us on weeknights - she starts watching out for her coming back from work at about 5.30 pm and definitely paces up and down saying 'where is she?' after 6.30! Then we have to go through a big greeting process where the dog has to tell her how much she has missed her and show her toys off.

Fortunately Rosie is gradually getting the hang of sit, rather than jump up - not all the time, but a Springer has so much enthusiasm it is hard to curb it!

Rosie and I are off to the dog groomers tomorrow morning - hoping to get some good pictures of her as she looks great when she has been pampered.
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                Youngest Golden Girl went to London for the weekend as her birthday treat Hazel - Harry Potter World included. Wish I'd gone (I can hear you all saying that I wouldn't need to borrow a broomstick ) and I bet Bren would have loved it too! Off for a quick rant
                Flo I'm off work this weekend so I'm sure youngest GG could fit me on the end of her broom.

Just read your rant, not good is it
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• She still can't wipe the grin off her face Bren. They give them the robes to wear as well (bit steep for a photo at £18.00 though). You can have a backie on my Firebolt

If middle GG had been 2 months younger she would have gone to the Sheffield Children's Hospital where I'm sure she would have got better treatment.
                  Last edited by Florence Fennel; 16-09-2014, 07:28 PM. Reason: Granddaughters!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• You are a chatty lot tonight.

Hello to RL and to Petal - nice to see you both.

I remember the grumble when HP World opened of parents having to have deep pockets - but isn't that always the way with theme park type things? I nearly fell off my chair when a colleague told me how much he's spent on his hols taking the family into the water park for the day.

I'm back from a meeting in Wolverhampton, and called in to the big Morries in Walsall on the way home. Disappointment on the yellow sticker front, but cat food on offer, so the slight diversion not wasted.

Wish I hadn't turned the car radio on though - the most appalling and depressing File on Four about child abuse in Rochdale and Rotherham. The world can be a terrible place.

Comment

• My head is about to explode, actually - I may have to rant about this, but I want advice too.

I have been bequeathed my late Godmother's car, and the plan will be to keep this 4 yr old car and sell my beloved but 12 yr old bananana car in autotrader (or whathaveyou).

I will collect the car on Saturday, and I can either flip the insurance to the new car (but then there will be no insurance on the bananana car (to be kept in the locked garage until a sale) which means potential buyers can't test drive it)

OR take a single day cover on the new car, and garage the new one uninsured until I sell the bananana car, at which point I will flip the insurance to the new car.

Neither seems ideal - surely I am not the only person in the universe who has a temporary extra car for a couple of weeks??? Taking temporary insurance for more than a day costs £££££££££££.

My accountant says flip the insurance to the new car and sell the bananana car as seen (not driven) but I wouldn't buy a car on that basis, and I'm sure that would cut out a load of potential buyers. Or sell through We buy any car (or similar) who will just take it away (but not pay me very much).

Agh! Anyone else in that situation who can throw any light on this - maybe I should have started a new thread.

Oh - I'll have a whacking great big glass of wine, please, if anyone is offering.

Comment

• Hi petal,nice to see,nice,sorry about your health,a friend and neighbour went through it,including reconstruction a few years after,she is now now fine,i admire anyone with such issues,after having seen my friend,i wish you all the best,would you like to borrow my legs to help kick it's.....hurump,hugs for you,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                          Or sell through We buy any car (or similar) who will just take it away (but not pay me very much).
                          Blimey - just done the valuation and need to add to the above:

"(but not pay me very much AT ALL)"
                          Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 16-09-2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Not certain about this, Hazel, but...........if the buyer has their own comp insurance, they may be covered to drive your car 3rd party?
                            I've always sold my cars privately - adtrader, that sort of thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              Not certain about this, Hazel, but...........if the buyer has their own comp insurance, they may be covered to drive your car 3rd party?
                              I've always sold my cars privately - adtrader, that sort of thing.
                              You're right - depending on the potential buyer's policy - if the owner (me) already holds insurance (of any sort) for a vehicle, another driver can generally drive it 3rd party with the owner's permission.

Fail on the first point. I wouldn't have anyone test drive it without insurance whilst in my ownership/keeperage (?is this a word) as if anyone came to grief it would be my responsibility, as the ex-potential buyer whistles 'over the hills and far away' making a sharp exit stage left, leaving dead children/dead car/dead lamposts/angry policemen in their wake.
                              Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 16-09-2014, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Hi RL - how ya doin? *Waves

Hazel, on the subject of motor insurance (aaaaaaaaarrrrggghhh!) many insurers will cover two cars for a couple of weeks, if you ask them. If there is only you on the policy, you can only drive one at a time. You could ask 'em to down-grade the old one to TPF&T, failing that, just transfer it to the new one.

All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X