Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning, wed and windy here. Just going to tidy up this morning and then read my GYO magazine. My arm is a bit sore this morning from having my flu jab yesterday. Hope you all have a good day
    Carrie

Comment

• Morning

Its wet and windy here as well so later on I'll clear my GH of the toms thats finished and get some more lettuce planted.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, hope you are having a lovely day. Housework more or less done and then off to the Supermarket...my favourite job! I swear since my son came back after two years working in Canada I spend half my life in Mo.....ns! He must have hollow legs or something! Anyhoo, enjoy the rest of your day!

Just realised it's now afternoon!!
        Last edited by Jay22; 14-10-2014, 12:27 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Artnoon Grapeys. A bit damp here this morning, and, since I had to do shopping I had a little sidetrip to W!lk0s, just to see what was reduced
          75% of all seeds, including Johnsons - all with sow by dates of 2016/17.
          50 plant labels with pencil - 10p.
          Wooden chopsticks - to use as seed hole makers/dibbers -10p
          I'm a happy little chicken
          Hope you're all happy little or big Grapes too

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Feeling a bit perkier today so I'm off to the local was-Wyvale and see what they've got in the sale. I also need some more small daffodils for rockery and a few other spots.

Also given that all the gardining programmes are planting up big multi-layered pots of bulbs at the moment, I might have to do one as well...
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Good evening. Still windy and dull here. Got the heating on, it's so cold. Glad I have not being anywhere today. Going to do mine and my fella's tea soon. Mash, veg and minted lamb chops, yumm.
              Carrie

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Oh it's so nice to be on the proper Poota instead of using the App. Funny, really, as it isn't so long ago that I didn't like Laptops, as they weren't 'real' Pootas. How things change.

Dull and dingey here again, and a few light showers, but we managed to get some gardening done. It won't be long before my gardening chum goes back to her 'proper' job for the Christmad rush, and I hang up my tools for the winter months and concentrate on wielding a pencil again instead. Can't wait, actually, but I need the money, so will be gardening for as long as I can.

Anyway, that's enough of my waffle, hope you're all well. Hope I haven't missed anything important, and hope you haven't minded making your own cuppas. Kettle's on...
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• evening,where is the time flying to ,our wilkos has nothing worth the bother,it's all christmad stuff now ,I like the idea of layered bulbs in containers as nice christmad gifts,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all.

I just noticed that a few of the sweet peas in my newspaper tubes are poking through. They can stay in here overnight but will have to go in the greenhouse in the morning to get the light. Spring is on its way!

Lottie, our was-Wyvale didn't have much either, but I did buy some bulbs. And they had packets of 250 plant labels at £6.90 each or two packets for £6. Strange pricing decision, still not hugely cheap but now I can use 500 more without getting the brillo pads out to clean the growing pile of old ones.

I went out this evening to see some work colleagues tonight and am proper knackered now so will be off soon. Let's hope for some better weather tomorrow, I need to get down the allotment and probably retrieve debris netting scattered to the four corners of Upminster by the storms and re-cover any brassicas that the pigeons have left me.

Sweet dreams!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                      Evening all.

And they had packets of 250 plant labels at £6.90 each or two packets for £6. Strange pricing decision, still not hugely cheap but now I can use 500 more without getting the brillo pads out to clean the growing pile of old ones.
                      You wus robbed. I bought 50 (with a pencil!!) for 10p in Wilkos. in fact I bought 150 (with 3 pencils) for 30p. Never forget to mention the pencils - they're handy as dibbers

Comment

• Ah the perils of garden centres

Comment

• Just as well mine burnt down last year - though I do miss the 50p seed sale

Comment

• Morning All. It's not raining and it feels a bit warmer. Fire lecture this morning, so that'll be fun. You must have known chick See you all later, although we are like ships in the night just lately! Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo, now don't be dropping off during your lecture. You know how exciting they can be,
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Mornin Flo'nall !

Quiet here ain't it?
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X