Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all, damp and windy here! I feel as if I've been running around all morning - boys had to have flu jabs, then a trip to the butchers, rushed home for the boys music lessons and now no1 has just left for rugby. I'm not going today, staying home with no.2 and having a quiet afternoon indoors (cleaning ) if it stays dry no.2 may go off out on his vine!

#i hate auto correct - Bike! Not vine..
    Last edited by Scarlet; 18-10-2014, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Aaaaaaarternoooon Peeps! Bit of a meh day here. Migraine yesterday, not a bad one, (no flashy lights or nausea) so I still went to work. Today I just feel bruised and drained.

Even off coffee!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        if it stays dry no.2 may go off out on his vine!

#i hate auto correct - Bike! Not vine..
        I really like the thought of going off out on the vine!!

Artnoon all. I've been up since 8 waiting for the meter reader who should have been here between 8 and 2pm.................still waiting Can't go far in case he arrives.............feeling grumpy

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          Aaaaaaarternoooon Peeps! Bit of a meh day here. Migraine yesterday, not a bad one, (no flashy lights or nausea) so I still went to work. Today I just feel bruised and drained.

Even off coffee!
          Oh, I feel the same! I had a migraine thurs - threw up too! OH can't believe that it can make you feel crap for a few days later..

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Oh, I feel the same! I had a migraine thurs - threw up too! OH can't believe that it can make you feel crap for a few days later..
            Yup, two or even three days after, if it was a bad one. Luckily I get very few nowadays, so infrequently, that I often forget what it is! (Nutter!)

My only advice is to give in, have a duvet day, and pffttt to the rest of the world. Fight it and it'll be worse. However, I'm bored...

Comment

• Poor ladies post migraine, hope you get back to normal soon, whatever "normal" might be. I've never had it, but I've seen how miserable the attacks made my eldest son, who has suffered since the age of 5 He says you can only learn how to cope with it. Garlic is planted, some of the onions are in, but have to clear another bed of weeds to get some more in. Brief visit from middle GG whom I am trying to persuade to come and stay with me when the rest of her family go away for half term. She cannot stand the thought of all 5 of them being in the confined space of a caravan (they live in quite a big house) and wants to stay home alone. She was 16 in June, so she can make the choice, but it would be the first time on her own, so I'm a bit worried for her.
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• More than likely, she has a party planned, Flo!

Comment

• Drat - Rosie has found the ball I hid and is now playing outdoor games with it -indoors!
                  Whenever we go walkies without a ball she finds one and takes it home - so I have several in the boot of the car. This one is sandy because she found it on the beach at VC's place
                  Petal's little mouth is too small for it - but Rosie found a mini kong ball the other day, so problem solved!
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Absolutely fab day here..26C

picked all the apples off the tree and the hazelnuts off the ground in the hot sunshine...seemed a bit wierd!

OH now cutting lawn beneath the trees...it's certainly not going to be the last cut of the year!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Been a nice day here but there's rain on its way - I can see it out over the headland, heading for me
                      Still no sign of the meter reader and the Phone line (open from 8am to 4pm) is not open for calls at all I can't be bothered to Rant about it on the Rant thread. You'll have to put up with here.
                      The good news is Bessie has been playing fetch with a cuddly giraffe - although the way she shakes it about, I think its head will fall off soon
                      Hope you're all enjoying your weekend

Comment

• 5.40pm
                        October 18th

OH mowing garden/field without his shirt on!

Yup- it's that hot!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Brief visit from middle GG whom I am trying to persuade to come and stay with me when the rest of her family go away for half term. She cannot stand the thought of all 5 of them being in the confined space of a caravan (they live in quite a big house) and wants to stay home alone. She was 16 in June, so she can make the choice, but it would be the first time on her own, so I'm a bit worried for her.
                          Its difficult when they want their independence not sure about you Flo but I feel as though our grandkids aren't as mature as our own kids were at the same age.
                          But saying that I was working away from home at 16 so I felt like an adult.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I think that's probably it Bren - I can't quite believe they are young adults and not children any more. Eldest will be taking her driving test anytime soon (she's not going to tell anyone beforehand), so I dare say that when she's on the road it'll be another worry!
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good afternoon It is windy, dull and cold here. I've been to the garden centre again! (they going to think I live there at this rate the amount of times I keep going. But I've been good, not bought any more veg seeds or plants. Instead I bought myself some more Hyacinths bulbs.
                              Carrie

Comment

• Windy here too! Quick trip to the plot to plant out my onions. Heard today that I can take over the now vacant plot next to me. I've watched it go into general decline over the last three years or so. That will give me a total of 5 rods - plenty for me to manage on my own. Perhaps it will reduce my waistline over the winter. 😃

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X