X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the cat?

Comment

• Pirate Percy, as he has become known, still has his third eyelid stitched shut ( apologies to the squeamish). I will take him back to the vets on Thursday to have it opened. In the meanwhile he is allowed out and is much happier for it. He is managing very well with sight in one eye so if the worst comes to the worst he will be fine. Thank you for asking.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• About an hour ago I was jamming something into a freezer drawer, it wouldn't shut so brute force was called for. Anyway a big Kilner jar crashed onto my head and knocked me to the floor.

I now feel rubbish, sick, shaky and my head feels foggy, could I have concussion?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
        Bex

Comment

• Bex I would dial 999 if I were you - you need a medical assessment as it sounds like concussion to me.
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Get it checked out Bex, best be safe than sorry

Comment

• I agree with the others Bex, best check it out. If you don't want to go to your local hospital at least ring the helpline and they will give you the correct advice.

Comment

• The kids are keeping a close eye on me. I'm starting to feel a bit better now. I'm trying to watch a DVD in bed and I've got one or other of the kids sitting at the end of the bed and both dogs.

Bex

Comment

• Bex, Bex, BEX, are you there. Can you hear us , are you OK?

Hope so.
                  Last edited by Dorothy rouse; 19-10-2014, 06:57 PM.
                  DottyR

Comment

• Bex you really ought to ring the NHS 111 phone line even if its just to put your mind at rest.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Paracetamol, applying a bag of frozen peas and rest apparently. No driving till my head stops hurting. Thank you for your concern, it's very sweet of you all.

Bex

Comment

• We'll be checking on you tomorrow, b Kilner jars ! Should be banned!
                        DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                          We'll be checking on you tomorrow, b Kilner jars ! Should be banned!
                          Thanks Dorothy, the Kilner jar is no more now, I'm just glad it was empty and not full of something heavy

Bex

Comment

• Glad you are feeling better Bex...you had us worried there!

It'll do the kids good to care for you for a change
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Bex View Post
                              About an hour ago I was jamming something into a freezer drawer, it wouldn't shut so brute force was called for. Anyway a big Kilner jar crashed onto my head and knocked me to the floor.

I now feel rubbish, sick, shaky and my head feels foggy, could I have concussion?

Quite possibly, but you wouldn't know until the symptoms of shock wore off.

Hopefully the advice you got was from someone in the know? Take it easy and no more violence towards the freezer
                              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Trying to get some motivation going. Need to drop an old fridge off to the tip this morning - why are they so heavy? Get the car in for a service, Then mooch around town until it's finished, I hate mooching around town

Much to do on the farm. And in the house. Daughters bday party next w/e, need to have a tidy up all round. Son still sleeping in the lounge room as he's not finished painting his bedroom
                                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X