This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    Take up running - although I eat like a horse, I am trimmer and fitter than I have been for years.
    I love running Hazel but I have a back problem and it makes it worse. Very hesitant to try again. Used to run with my sister in law. Felt very jealous when she was here this weekend, a skinny 10 - but she runs every day

Comment

• Afternoon all!

Today I did my first trip to the allotment for over a week and my first decent bit of work there for about 3 weeks.

The gladioli that I lifted last week had dried out nicely so I cleaned them all up ready for final drying in the shed and winter storage. I've got about 100 corms now so plenty of cut flowers next summer. Then I carefully weeded the 2 rows of daffodils. I had to disturb a few to dig out some huge docks, but I'm sure they'll be fine now I've pushed them back in. Next time I'm down there I'll move some forget-me-nots and plant them along the row for a bit of winter cover and some nice spring flowers.

Hopefully I'll feel like going back tomorrow after I've queued up at the hospital again to re-do the blood test.

Now then, I've got whisky and chocolate for supper, better sort out some tea first
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I'm not a fan of whiskey but I may have to pop open a bottle of fizz...I've got a fire lit tonight

Comment

• It is a bit too warm here tonight - heating on low and back door open to let pup out when she needs to 'go'. I think a nice glass or two of chilled white is called for.
          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• I try to make Sunday booze free, so I'll stick with tea this evening.

I've got beef stew this evening - I'll best get it in the oven, and whilst that's heating through, I've some swede/potato mash topping to put on the mince/ratatouille/mushroom affair that I cooked last night, and to split some of it into foil dishes for freezing.

It feels like a night for putting the fire on - I'll see if the stew warms me through first, though.

Comment

• Sounds brill Hazel, I'll make do wi Gammon, Sausage, Fried Eggs & Chopped Toms...........own grown of course.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Martin I love the smell of Whisky but not the taste, apparently when I sniff Mr Pots whisky I make it evaporate

We've had pot roasted Partridge for tea plus I baked my first ever Banana bread, it does smell nice so I'm wondering why have I left it this long before baking one.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I love banana bread! I don't often have manky bananas, so do some only rarely. Banana and chocolate cake is nice too.

Comment

• Hazel, Sunday is usually alcohol free here too BUT I've run around all weekend, looking after others and I thought s#d it! I'm having an evening to myself, drink, book and fire and I'm I'm loving it!

Bren, banana bread sounds good, the boys live courgette bread. Perhaps I should give it a whirl.

Comment

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Had a busy day clearing up after Hubby. Came back indoors, and vacuumed the whole indoors.

I really fancy a G & T, but have to wait another week. I'm not that virtuous though - I've been substituting the booze with chocolate!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Hazel, Sunday is usually alcohol free here too BUT I've run around all weekend, looking after others and I thought s#d it! I'm having an evening to myself, drink, book and fire and I'm I'm loving it!
                        Sounds just about perfect!

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                          I really fancy a G & T, but have to wait another week. I'm not that virtuous though - I've been substituting the booze with chocolate!
                          So you've got me keeping you company tonight, G4 - budge up a bit and hand us over a bit of choccy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                            I love banana bread! I don't often have manky bananas, so do some only rarely. Banana and chocolate cake is nice too.
                            Hazel I only eat the manky ones the browner the better and yesterday Mr Pots bought 10 of them for 50 pence

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Hazel, Sunday is usually alcohol free here too BUT I've run around all weekend, looking after others and I thought s#d it! I'm having an evening to myself, drink, book and fire and I'm I'm loving it!

Bren, banana bread sounds good, the boys live courgette bread. Perhaps I should give it a whirl.
                            Scarlet here's a link to the recipe I used :-

Banana Cake | Doves Farm
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Well I have been on the maltesers and the g+t and am needing a bit of an early night.

I bought the puppy a little round bed with a microwave heated wheat pad in the middle and she is curled round it now snoring happily at my feet. Phew - she is full on when she is awake and her teeth are like shark's!

Rosie, by comparison, was a very good girl when I got her, which just shows how selective memory is because at the time I thought she was a nightmare. Rosie is such a good big sister and she keeps an eye on the puppy at all times and puts her straight when she needs it!
                              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Hazel I only eat the manky ones the browner the better and yesterday Mr Pots bought 10 of them for 50 pence
                                Ugh. All pappy and gooey. Yak.

If I had 10 manky brown bananas, I would be eating a lot of banana bread and banana cake!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X