Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevenin' Peeps! Happy All Hallow's Eve. I am treating Hubby to an evening out. He thinks we're off to the pub with chums. I'm going to be in soooooo much trouble when he finds out where we're going! Halloween Fright Night at the local Castle! It should be a giggle.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Hope it's a brilliant as it sounds G4!

I'm just going to my local but very much looking forward to an evening out. I love half term but I'm ready for 5mins without "Mum, where's this?" Or "Mum, what can I eat?"

Comment

• Good morning all,it's quiet on here,i suspect your all outside whilst we have spring back in attendance,enjoy what ever you up to,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning. The sun is out here. Not got anything to do today so just going to relax. Have a good day
          Carrie

Comment

• First day of November here, and it's been windy all day. A few spits of rain in town (driven by gales) but nothing useful

Too windy to do anything. National Buskers Day today, pity it wasn't nicer weather. Oh and the finals tomorrow.
            Have decided to can pony club tomorrow - even if it's not quite as windy I've got too much to do.

Down to 2 degrees tonight (-1C tomorrow) luckily I remember to bring in the seedlings.
            I planted two cucumbers and a tomato plant amongst the broad beans, hoping they will protect them.

Hope you're all enjoying your nice weather.
            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Sun shining away here in East Yorkshire - I've even put a washing out.

Household chores are mainly done, and I've been allowed to spend the rest of the day at the allotment.

The batteries for my drill have been charged - so, some serious path/bed making getting done today.
              .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Mornin!

Yeh...big change in the weather here this morning too!
                Still warm but looks very grey

lots going on behind the scenes here...
                sorting out the VVS...

looking good!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. No sunshine here yet but the weatherman has promised us some for this afternoon. If so I'll pop down the allotment and do some more tidying up.

I'm excited about the imminent VVS results, I've studiously avoided looking at any of the voting so it will all be a surprise!
                  My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                  Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I'm trying to do a bit of tidying up too, just taken all my bean poles down. Put some garlic in yesterday but now I've lost my gloves.... Last time that happened I found them a year later composting in my compost bin

Comment

• Morning all! Late on parade here, but the weather is looking good, so I'd better get on.

Amongst the things that I want to do this weekend is to get some vine eyes from Wilko and drill them into the wall in the courtyard so I can extend/replace snapped horizontal wires for the vine to grow against. The first part of this job was done last weekend where I severely pruned the vine back so it looks like an espalier.

Mind you, perhaps I ought to wait until Spring to make good the wire supports just in case I've killed it!

Edit: it looks like this at the mo.

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 01-11-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I'm trying to do a bit of tidying up too, just taken all my bean poles down. Put some garlic in yesterday but now I've lost my gloves.... Last time that happened I found them a year later composting in my compost bin
                        I lost one of mine back in the Spring....found it a few hours later in the shreddings I'd been doing!
                        New one at that!..typical eh?

Comment

• I must get up from the sofa and do something - trouble is I am wedged in by snoring dogs and I tend to let them lie! Puppy is on her back and doing that puffing her lips out kind of snoring.
                          Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• That's funny Nicos! I'm really miffed off, I still can't find them - what's annoying is that my secateur a are back in their place, but no gloves? I always keep them together. I've got some clearing that I wanted to do this afternoon too and I'm hoping I've got enough go in me to move the chickens onto my spud patch and clear GH2.

Comment

• ...not got a dog have you??

just a thought!

Comment

• I wish I had a dog..maybe someone will get me one for Christmas!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X