Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got an allotment!!!!!!

hi everyone
    i finally got an allotment even if is half plot because they told me that being a long waiting list they split in half all the available plot... so happy because is mine and for £ 25 a year for rent is nothing compare what i can do with it... is 8m by 8m and you can do quite a lot considered that i use to grow in a tunnel 4mx2m... now i've been busy so i didn't sow anything yet and i hope i will have enough time to do it...the only problem is that last years i could start indoors but now that room is for my new baby so i can't use it for seedling...i still have the polytunnel outside but is not as warm as home... i can start in there soon onion, beans and peas but when you think is safe to start tomato pepper and chilly? i could use some fleece at night...
    thanks a lot
    sarico

Fantastic news- it's really exciting isn't it???
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Congrats Perfect timing too !

Your tender crops are months off yet.. March/April/May time.

Remember though, your actual allotment rent is probably only a fiver, or there abouts - it's the insurance and (possibly) water that make up the rest of the price. still, as you say - it's peanuts! ~£2/month.

Comment

congrats! Welcome to the club! I only joined 2 weeks ago!

Comment

Hello Sarico,

Good luck with your new plot. You must be brave to take it on at the same time as a new baby :-)
          Your brain gets smart, but your head gets dumb

Comment

Congratulations Sarico. I'm delighted for you. Has the baby arrived now - or still waiting?

Comment

Hi Sarico,wondered where you got too,congratulations on the lottie,such a lovely feeling eh,as VC says,how are things on the bambino front,you know we are a very nosy lot
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Congratulations, what a good time to start
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Wahoo! Oh, well done, bet you have a grin as big as a slice of watermelon!
                  You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

thanks a lot to everyone.. the baby was born in October and i can't wait when she will come with daddy to the plot looking after her plants . the 2013 was a good year from start to finish.. got married in spring had a nice lovely summer in the garden had a baby in autumn and got an allotment in winter on the 29 of december ( when they phoned me)....i know it will be a challenge with the baby as well but the plot is just 300 yard from home so if i go a bit but often i can manage it... the plot after all wasn't that bad considered that the previous owner left it because couldn't look after anymore.. there was another one bigger and better sunlight but was full of rubish and left wild and i know that i could do it but they chance the rule and told me that the all plot must be ready for march for planting otherwise they will take back with 1 week notice and give to who is next on the list.. they did that because some people only use part of the plot and leaving the rest overgrown and they thought isn't unfair considered all the people on the list... but i love my plot and i don't care what size it is....
                    as you can see from the picture the plot as 3 big bed but i think next year i will divide them in smaller one so i dont have to step on it... i have some water butt but no compost bin ( i already found some pallets) the shed is on the way considered that is half of the old plot. plus there are some soft fruit bush couple of raspberry the other one god knows lol... they put down some trees and got a big load wood chip that we use for the path... the only downside is that the council didnt put down all the trees because some of them are not council property as you can see on the left but the chairman told me that i can trim them if i want because the neighbor told them to cut them if you want but they are not willing to spend money for the job..so now i dug 3/4 of the plot and what to do next?any advice will be nice...
                    thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Sarico... Knowing you, one thing you won't lack is enthusiasm!!
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

Good for you - have a great time
                        Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

well done, and good luck
                          Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

You've done loads already by the sounds of it. Have a great season when it gets started.

Have you made a plan of what will go where? And when? And then buy the seeds for that.

It'll be spring before you know yourself
                            Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Hi, congrats on getting a plot and good luck for the season ahead
                              Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                              Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                              -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X