Recycling computers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycling computers

Apart from Freecycle, does anyone know of anywhere else that recycles or reuses computers?

Our old one has now officially died and we have got a new computer, but I would like to make sure it goes on to a good home or is recycled.

The old one has lasted 10 years and 3 re-builds and we still had the original CPU monitor. Sadly it's just not upgradable anymore and the CPU is starting to become rather temperamental

What's wrong with freecycling it?

You could also put an ad in your local paper offering it up for a good home.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

There has been a temp ban on our Freecycle on computers ad some other electricals etc. as a few unscrupulous people have been placing wanteds or relpying to offers and then car-booting them.

When banned they've been subscribing with other emails. They were apparantly only found out when a donator spotted their old PC at a local car boot!

Comment

In Hull (I don't know if this is nationwide but you could try google) there's a company called Refurbit who take old computers and peripherals and mend/upgrade etc. We got rid of old stuff through them.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

i agree with Alison put it in a free paper ie loot or something im sure theres a family out there who would be glad to have it dont forget to format the hard drive first

Comment

You must have a local computer shop which offers really cheap basic computers. Try asking them if they want your old one - they'll probably be only too keen. Either that, or put an ad in your local free newspaper.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X