Windowsill requirements!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windowsill requirements!

I have just put all of my seeds in order of planting. I will at some point haul a lot of plant pots from out of the shed and begin the mammoth task of seed sowing. My problem is we don't have many window sills. No poly tunnel, greenhouse or airing cupboard. I want to set some kind of system up as shortly our house will look like the seedling centre of a garden centre! Any suggestions? - short of knocking some new windows in the walls so I can get more window sills!
    You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Choose your best for seedlings window and put lots of shelves across the glass.
    Would look for an image but I'm away down the garden.............later..............

Comment

Ooh shelves! I did a contraption with sellotape last year..

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Yes, I'd say shelve your windowsill seedlings ! (It's what I plan to do.)
        There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Summat like this -

Comment

Not sure our lass would be happy if I shelved the window..... Maybe that a good reason to try it?
            Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

OOH! How lovely that looks! Do you know, my daughter has a bookshelf she no longer needs..... This is going to be one of those great ideas you see online and try and copy.... It looked so good online but reality won't be as pretty hahaha I'll post a photo in a few days. Mine won't look half as pretty in black plastic seed trays though!

Comment

Nearly there

What do you think? Not as aesthetically pleasing but practical! I'll post another photo once they start to emerge. Pretty pleased with today's efforts
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
                  we don't have many window sills. No poly tunnel, greenhouse or airing cupboard.
                  What about a coldframe/blowaway?

Light is more important than heat. There's no point starting seeds off with a lack of light, because they'll just make lanky weak seedlings.

If you can't provide enough light, then you may just have to wait until it's warm enough for them to be sown outside. Just as an example, say for tomatoes, they can be started indoors in Feb/March, but couldn't be started outside until it's warm enough, in May/June
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X