Why would I have got this?!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would I have got this?!

A while ago I posted a thread asking about ground ivy - which I'd read that bees loved and wondered how I could get some. (Still haven't managed to by the way !)
    Well, I've been going through my seeds this morning and I've come across creeping thyme.
    Now, this looks like I've asked for this from the seed swap and it's been kindly sent by VC. But I can't think why I asked for it!
    Is it something like the ground ivy?
    Do bees like it?
    I am going mad! I'm sure - notice I said "I Am" and not "Am I?" !!!
    Any help would be appreciated
    You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

bees love thyme flowers so I'm sure it would work just as well
    I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

The bees in our garden adore it!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I've no idea why you asked for it either but it makes good ground cover and bees love it. Maybe you didn't ask for it and I had a mad moment and sent it to you

Comment

lol! I have a list of various 'wants' with notes by them for either eating, medicinal, bees love them etc. But I have no idea why I have it! I'm glad bees like it though and I'm sure I can eat it, being thyme and all, it's probably medicinal too - so it's a win win win!

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Yes, you are.
            Does that help?

You weren't asking for help about the seeds were you?

Comment

Ancee you're not going mad and nether is VC because I've found your old thread :-

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ted_76158.html
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by ancee View Post
                A while ago I posted a thread asking about ground ivy - which I'd read that bees loved and wondered how I could get some. (Still haven't managed to by the way !)
                Well, I've been going through my seeds this morning and I've come across creeping thyme.
                Now, this looks like I've asked for this from the seed swap and it's been kindly sent by VC. But I can't think why I asked for it!
                Is it something like the ground ivy?
                Do bees like it?
                I have ivy,three sorts covering a fence.It is the large leaf variety and late summer and early autumn the bees and other flying insects go mad! They absolutely love it and it covers an ugly fence? BigV

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

I think I've found some ground ivy on a patch of waste land near Lidl!
                  I stopped and had a look yesterday much to the mortification of my son!
                  "MUM! what ARE you doing??? Come on!!!" - through gritted teeth - I was only looking!
                  Is this classed as `in the wild' do you think?
                  Would I looked like a weirdo if I nipped down and nicked a bit???

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X