No announcement yet.

Have You Been Charged Excess Postage???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Been Charged Excess Postage???

Was on the realseeds website and read this:
    "HAVE YOU BEEN CHARGED EXCESS POSTAGE???
    We are having occasional problems with the post since they introduced their new - and truly insane - policy
    of pricing things by a combination of weight and dimension.
    Sometimes they measure an order at the Post Office and put what they say are the correct stamps on it -
    but then the seeds settle in transit and make it fatter, thus getting a penalty charge at the sorting office.
    This is unfair, and infuriating beyond belief for both you and us.

(We have filed an official complaint; if this happens PLEASE TELL US on 01239 821107,
    so we can of course refund your fee, and have extra evidence for our case with them.")

I had problems a while back, where I sent the correct postage (I am so sure - I checked like 3 times) and then the parcels never turn up the other end or that person gets charged. So embarrassing and the receiver is sometimes so cross they don't tell you it happened. So you're non the wiser!??

Has anyone else had problems or is it just me???

Cx

Nope, I sent something to someone, took it to the local postie, put it on the scales he said £1-45 ( or whatever it was) I suly paid the said amount and two weeks later person mail me to say they had had to pay excess charges!! A case of left & right Hands me thinks
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Just after this new pricing came in, a couple of times I had stuff arrive through the post and the envelope was marked as needing extra postage, but I've never actually been charged as such....

It has made me a bit wary of posting stuff off though, in case the recipient has to pay....
      All at once I hear your voice
      And time just slips away
      Bonnie Raitt

Comment

We've paid a couple of times. Latest was hubby's b'day card and cheque from my folks. Mum had just got back from Spain so had probably missed out on the news of any price increases, however 4p short cost us 84p.
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

A couple of years ago I had a letter from a charity who think it's good to recycle everything. They reguarly used one of the postage paid envelopes that comes through the door with offers of .... Anyway the sorting office sent me a letter to say that I had something to collect.
          I went along to find a letter from them attached to the one to collect saying that if I continued to use this form of envelope without putting a stamp on Iwould be prosecuted for fraud. I explained that it was not me who sent the letter but I was still held responsible. I checked with friends who said the charity had done similar things to them. The letter was asking me do do unpaid work for them because they new my background and thought I would be interested.(I had not volunteered). Needless to say I asked them to remove me from their mailing list and never contact me again.
          Digger-07

"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right" Henry Ford.

Comment

I'm sure that would never have got to court.
            If an item is lost in the post then the Royal mail insist on dealing with the sender as that is who their contact is with, which would work all ways.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X