putting a face to the person?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting a face to the person?

bit of a strange one u may think! just wondering, i always get an image of people by their username and the posts they post. apart from the few grapes who post their pic on here, do u imagine how a person looks from their username/posts? i do, maybe its just me. i don't mean this to be personal about people, tell me if i'm wrong please!

Yes, I always have a vague mental image of people I'm talking to - it's like reading a book, your imagination makes up what the person could look like, based on whatever information you have. If the only info you have is a made-up name, the mental pictures get a bit whacky!!

Comment

Hi mrsc2b.. nope you're not alone on this one, I can't help but buils a picture of people. Last year (I think) Jax started a thread like this about 'Do you hear the voices' or something like that....

I usually manage to totally confuse people as to what I must look like as for starters most people have mentally had me down as the wrong sex, lol!
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

I just thought everybody looked like 'grapes'
        I you'st to have a handle on the world .. but it BROKE!!

Comment

OK, I'm going to completely 'shoot myself in the foot' right now.
          LJ, PLEASE forgive me.....
          Trousers and I avidly watch 'NEW TRICKS', with Dennis Waterman, and et al....
          and personally, I think Lesley is the blonde in that series.......

Everytime we watch it, I say to Trousers, "Oh no, it'll be fine now, Lesley will sort it out...."
          No! I really think LJ is her!!

(It's OK. Men in White Coats are approaching?)

Comment

You're right, Mrc c2b. We all do it. And it's amazing how wrong we can be. Maybe we should resurrect Jennies cartoon atavars. That was fun. Anyway, here's mine.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Alice.gif
Views:	7
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	2319079

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hello thats me above( pic taken Feb)
              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
              Brian Clough

Comment

Here's me...

A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by terrier View Post
                  I just thought everybody looked like 'grapes'
                  A bit green you mean? Or purple in the face from digging?

Heywayne, you're a card - I'd have known you anywhere!

You do form a mental picture don't you, then, as shorty says, you have to do this quick sex-change thingy when they mention their pregnancy or their wife or their pension book or something!
                  Last edited by Flummery; 07-06-2007, 12:17 PM.
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Yep, I do it too!! And now I'm thinking I have to post a piccie of me so you know the reality - or maybe not, the imagination can work wonders and be kinder than reality!! Haha. Speaking of which I think I called Flum a man in an earlier post .... humble apologies and grovels on knees - grovel grovel to MOM!
                    Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Here is a picture of me working on the veg beds before we put the paths down etc... enjoy!
                      Attached Files

Comment

As she comes from that way on I always imagine LJ as the mother out of Bread
                        ntg
                        Never be afraid to try something new.
                        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                        ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
                          Here is a picture of me working on the veg beds before we put the paths down etc... enjoy!
                          Which one are you though? The one by the persons head, or the one pinning them down?
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Alice, where did you get the piccie from? That looks like fun if we could build our own piccie avatars!

.... thought maybe I already look like my avatar? lol
                            Last edited by Lesley Jay; 07-06-2007, 04:43 PM.
                            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Originally posted by moggssue View Post
                              Speaking of which I think I called Flum a man in an earlier post .... humble apologies and grovels on knees - grovel grovel to MOM!

No worries - as the great Mae West once said - you can call me what you like, but don't call me early!
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X