Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am such an idiot. My key rings arrived ready for my cross stitch to go in so I stupidly just took the measurements from the paperwork. Sat for ages sorting my design out then checked it against the key ring and they are to small. So have had to re do all my designs.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
      Am such an idiot. My key rings arrived ready for my cross stitch to go in so I stupidly just took the measurements from the paperwork. Sat for ages sorting my design out then checked it against the key ring and they are to small. So have had to re do all my designs.
      Eh, is this a subtle way of saying the cross stitch xmas onsie I ordered from you might be delayed.

You know the one - with the cross stitch 3D effect of the birth of the baby Jesus on the front, with the corresponding 3D effect of the crucifixion on the back to make it wearable for Easter ?

C'mon NVG, sort your life out and start considering about others for a change !!
      .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• How can a bladdy branch split a steel mounting plate on my shredder in 2?.............................see happy thread for outcome.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Clearing a blackthorn thicket laced with rope-like brambles -
          Shorts and vest top is the wrong choice of clothing.
          Flies that walk all over bleeding wounds are gross.
          The shower water stings said wounds.
          Crisp freshly laundered towel is far too raspy. More blood.
          Still digging out thorns this morning.

Considering wearing my biking gear to finish up
          Last edited by PyreneesPlot; 29-09-2015, 09:15 AM.
          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Dreamt about spiders. Urgh. And not as much sleep as I'd have liked.

Comment

• Foiled again! I got up extra early this morning to paint my wooden cabin in the garden only to find the whole area enveloped in a dense fog that was so bad I could not see the cabin from the kitchen window. Ten o'clock now and the fog has not lifted at all, hope the sun breaks through shortly or I'll have to abandon the job and hope tomorrow is better.

Comment

• (Thank you, Nicos! The survivors made it onto the plot yesterday....)

Dog walkers who glare at me as if I'm a mass murderer if I have the temerity to drive on the roads they're walking their dogs on. I don't get it! I slow right down, pass wide, smile and wave if they've moved to one side, but I still always get the death glare. They've got a look on their face that says, "How DARE you DRIVE on my dog-walking route!" when it's a ROAD.

I wish I understood. I do everything I can to be a considerate driver. :-/

Comment

• The newsreader on Radio 2 this afternoon who keeps referring to Nucular bombs. This is the BBC for goodness sake.

Comment

• ^^^^^ that annoys me too!
                    Too many peeps are starting to say it like that

Oh- and a nucule relates to little nuts.
                    I think if a nuclear bomb landed on yr head it'd do far more damage than if a little nut were to bounce off yr noggins
                    Last edited by Nicos; 30-09-2015, 02:21 PM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Work telling me I can have Friday afternoon off but yet they put me in all day and tell me to phone up on Monday to sort it.....it's now Wednesday and nothing is sorted!!!
                      Carrie

Comment

• Can't find the thing he needs. Had a look in his garage and still can't find it.

One of them things I can visualise...
                        Last edited by alldigging; 30-09-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                          (Thank you, Nicos! The survivors made it onto the plot yesterday....)

Dog walkers who glare at me as if I'm a mass murderer if I have the temerity to drive on the roads they're walking their dogs on. I don't get it! I slow right down, pass wide, smile and wave if they've moved to one side, but I still always get the death glare. They've got a look on their face that says, "How DARE you DRIVE on my dog-walking route!" when it's a ROAD.

I wish I understood. I do everything I can to be a considerate driver. :-/
                          Fookham 1Bee Merchant Bankers.
                          Last edited by Rocketron; 30-09-2015, 06:32 PM.
                          Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

• Cars with automatic lights.

You follow them under a motorway and the bridge is wide enough that their lights come on - but it's a bright sunny day, so you think, whoa! what's he braking for? and brake as well, chain reaction down the line, and the offending car is away out of it and gone
                            Last edited by mothhawk; 30-09-2015, 06:46 PM.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• At the end of July, in Cardiff, I bought a new front door and frame. The company came out the next weekend and measured up. They said it would be installed 3 weeks from then. 3 weeks came and went. Rang them and was told all their carpenters were on holiday and the door would be installed at the beginning of September.

1st week of September came and went no door. Excuse, still catching up. I rang them on Monday this week, they said Thursday. I hang about all morning and eventually rang to find out what time they were turning up. Oh not today, we were referring to NEXT Thursday as the traffic is bad because there's a big rugby match on (no kidding!). I'm sorry but shouldn't that have been a week on Thursday then.

The only reason I'm persevering with this is because I've been trying to find a new front door that I like and also fits the style of the house for several years. And I like this one.

If they don't turn up next Thursday I will be cancelling the order, demanding my money back and reporting them to Trading Standards.
                              Last edited by JanieB; 02-10-2015, 09:07 AM.
                              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Setting up the VVS polls, doing one with 26 options, copied and pasted 24 names and varieties into the poll, pressed a wrong button and lost the b***dy lot! Grrr
                                A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X