This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
    Not sure this counts as a rant......normally my doctor greets me with a handshake, today he pulled on a rubber glove... ....the joys of turning 60!
    I would have been out of the door like a shot..............
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Snadger you would have been just behind me then
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
        Monsooning outside and the back door lock has jammed and the dogs need to go out. Paddle outside with them and in through the back gate, go back and reverse the procedure.
        Ah. Locksmith has been and had to change the lock. He says someone has tried to force it and has damaged it. Good thing is that it did it's job, bad thing is I had to pay for a new lock as I can't leave the house unsecured although the kitchen is being demolished later on this month and that door will be gone.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Ok, so what is it with husbands and DIY? I mentioned about waste of space in cupboard, and how space could be much better utilised if shelf was put in cupboard! Oh dear, all day, banging and swearing etc, wish I'd gone out!
          DottyR

Comment

• Blimmin wind has broken the sliding window at the back of my Norfolk greenhouse

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
              Ok, so what is it with husbands and DIY? I mentioned about waste of space in cupboard, and how space could be much better utilised if shelf was put in cupboard! Oh dear, all day, banging and swearing etc, wish I'd gone out!
              You got all that action from just a mention? Your husband needs retraining, the system goes like this...

No action before three mentions and a good shout. A 2 week delay which I call the planning stage. A weeks delay waiting for parts. Another week to replace the wrong parts.A week to replace missing tools which you blame on her (she must have thrown them away in one of her tidyness fits).
              Last edited by Bill HH; 10-01-2015, 07:03 PM.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Dorothy it's not just me that has one of them then!
                Mr Lump hasn't been at home for a week or so and has come home just itching to build or demolish something.
                So this afternoon he spotted the extra large mirror that has been waiting to be put with the other one in the garden (helps light up a shady corner) so....
                huffs and puffs carrying the mirror, goes outside in the gale force wind and then wonders why he is starting to flap from side to side while the mirror looks like its starting to bend.
                My resigned face look appears again.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• I got one as well,just a mear mention,and he's on the job as soon as,on most things he consults the forman :

We would not swap them girls,would we.

my rant,wish things would move quicker on the garden make over,bloomin weather,
                  Last edited by lottie dolly; 10-01-2015, 06:44 PM.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Well Erm Hmmmm?
                    I've always wanted a wolfhound s I could swap....
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Thanks for the offer,but mine is for keeps,we suffer each others little warts.n.all
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Cling-film that doesn't. What a total chuffing waste of money.

We have a saying in this house; A five-minute job on a Land Rover will take all morning, and a two-hour job will take all day. We have two of them, so I am extremely thankful that Hubby is OK with spanners, rivets, welder.

Is that a rant? Not exactly, but why does he always choose to do one of the 'two-hour' jobs about two hours before I want to use the ruddy thing...?
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Applying and looking for jobs and not hearing anything back!!!!
                          Carrie

Comment

• To use one of G4's excellent expressions...chuffing internet companies! Still no internet, that's over a week now! Promised on Friday that now they have found the fault it would be fixed on Tuesday. Son calls them today just to check this was happening...guess what...that's right, no appointment had been made for engineer to mend equipment!!!! Next available appointment is next Monday 19th!!! Now looking for another ISP as the customer service of this particular company is atrocious!!! Grr Grrr! Chuffing, chuffing!!! Ahh that's better!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Spam phone calls. Three this Evening

Comment

• Pop-ups advertising "Getting all wrapped up for Christmad" in the middle of ruddy January.

C'mon GYO, sort yourselves out!
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X