Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing machine saying NO when getting to the spin part. I have just dragged the pillow out, need a lot more sunshine to sort this one out
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• So cross! The other week I cleared a corner in our plots where people used to dump rubbish, my friend cleared away the rubbish and I spent a morning wheelbarrowing, lots of chippings and since then have left various surplus plants for others, strawberries, currents etc, just popped up there and some lazy person has again dumped a bag of stuff! If I was certain which plot it was I'd dump it back on their plot, but I'm not, so I removed it and left it by the sheds!

Am going to do a Notice, now, will try and word it, so it won't cause offence! Am cross!
      DottyR

Comment

• Blue sky and sunshine, out into the garden..............thunder storm and hail, into the house .......... blue sky and sunshine, out into the garden......................heavy rain.......into the house, just what have I done to annoy you so!!!!!!!!
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
          My Mozilla browser updated itself yesterday, then Norton gave me a red warning and busily cleaned, deleted, and neutralised (for that read nuked) the threat, and today, no Mozilla Had to get on IE to download it again, the un-updated version, then had to reload adblockplus, and try 4 or 5 passwords before I remembered the GYO one

Can't remember how to get the Norton toolbar back in Mozilla, so I'll have to go and search for that next.

And I've just had a busy half hour importing all my bookmarks into IE favourites and also into Opera as double backup. And to the Cloud. I've got 57 in the gardening folder alone. I seldom delete them - never know when you might want it again
          Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. I can help you with this.

Please follow the steps in this support article to enable the Norton Toolbar in Firefox: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/...rProfile_en_us

Thanks!

Vineeth
          Norton Support

EDIT: .... Mothhawk in case you dont want to open the link for any reason, please see my post .. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1333139 .. on next page ... BB
          Last edited by bearded bloke; 25-03-2015, 08:25 AM. Reason: as noted

Comment

• Would think twice about following this link! May be wrong but...better safe than sorry!
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
              Would think twice about following this link! May be wrong but...better safe than sorry!

Thanks for your concern Jay

I have opened the link on a different machine & it does lead to a secure page on the Symantec server in the USA, so all is good bud
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Thanks BB but you have to be careful! Glad it's genuine, I just didn't see Norton doing something like this but there you go...!
                sigpic

Comment

• Mothhawk in case you dont want to open the link, the salient points are ...

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                  Can't remember how to get the Norton toolbar back in Mozilla, so I'll have to go and search for that next.
                  Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. I can help you with this.

Norton Support

Taken from Symantec site ...........

Enable Norton Toolbar Add-on in Firefox

Start Firefox.

On the top-right corner, click the Open menu icon, and click Add-ons.

On the Extensions tab, click Norton Toolbar.

If Norton Toolbar is grayed out, click Enable.

Click Restart now.........
                  Last edited by bearded bloke; 25-03-2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                    Thanks BB but you have to be careful! Glad it's genuine, I just didn't see Norton doing something like this but there you go...!
                    I'm still a little suspicious about the reasoning Jay I suspect it is a back door spammer, time will tell bud

Comment

• Have not been to Lu Lu lottie for over 2 weeks now - holds head down in shame as I have put that I have done this or that but in reality it was Mr Lump with written instructions from me.
                      My hands have been next to useless - I suppose it will ease off at some point.
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Thanks everyone, especially BB, but sadly i'm giving up on Firefox as I can't get adblocker to install on it any more. So I'm using Opera - don't like it much, but it's quicker than IE.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Found out today a friend has been diagnosed with Cancer, about time we beat this b#$#$÷d desease.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                            Thanks everyone, especially BB, but sadly i'm giving up on Firefox as I can't get adblocker to install on it any more. So I'm using Opera - don't like it much, but it's quicker than IE.
                            Hi Mate chrome is good norton i will not use it takes too much memory AVG is my choice d/load free version
                            but i kicked ie out and used chrome really good when you get used to it after using ie cheers

Comment

• Mothawk - I use Firefox and got adblock plus by googling 'firefox adblock plus for windows 8'
                              It took me to the FF add on page and I sownloaded from there.
                              No more add problems since then.
                              FF has alot of useful add ons if you have a mooch about.
                              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• This is not a minor rant. Im so close to see what happens to an ipad if thrown across the room.

Decided to upgrade the os and now its hideous to use. Its slow and keeps logging me out of sites so posting replies here is driving me mad. Copy and paste is barely working.

Just for me such a bad change to many things that worked well before.

Man, so rubbish

RUBBISH.............

��

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X