Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made the Courgette and tomato chutney,recipe says 'simmer for hour and quarter ', 2 and half hours later I finally potted it up!

Has anyone else made this please let me know. It smells delicious, but obviously not as recipe states.

I will contact Mag, but wonder if it was just me, or if others had same problem.
    DottyR

Comment

• Auto text, auto correct, whateverrrrrrr. Why can't I personalise it to only do some of the functions.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Getting up at 5:30 am travelling across town to pick up a temporary carer to watch over our two fostered men, taking my wife to hospital for an operation that she has psyched herself up for and also gone without food and drink etc, dropping her off and going home. Taking carer back home, then on my return to find a message from my wife asking me to pick her up because the op has been cancelled due to no bed being available!!!!!!!Collecting carer again etc etc. I wonder if these hospitals realise the trauma and chaos they put people through, they have known the date of her op for weeks, surely an early morning phone call could have been made to save us an awful lot of trouble.
        Last edited by Bill HH; 28-07-2014, 10:33 AM.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• I echo your rant Bill, I have worked with bed managers of all specialities for the last 10 years & know the pressures they are under, this however does not help how your wife & yourself must be feeling & should not be allowed. The only difference being that the patients rang the hospital to confirm if a bed was available. As I say, it helps neither of you.
          Last edited by Bigmallly; 28-07-2014, 10:52 AM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            I echo your rant Bill, I have worked with bed managers of all specialities for the last 10 years & know the pressures they are under, this however does not help how your wife & yourself must be feeling & should not be allowed. The only difference being that the patients rang the hospital to confirm if a bed was available. As I say, it helps neither of you.
            If we had known we could have taken our z bed in with her. Anyway she seems to have taken it better than I have. There was no problem with having the op but they wanted to place her in intensive care due to having severe asthma, that was where the bed was unavailable.
            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Jack my weekend guest has gone home. Bugger
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• We went to an all you can eat tonight. Why do I always eat way too much and then feel off sorts all night. Why can't I be more controlled.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                Bex

Comment

• 'Eyes bigger than your belly' as my old mum used to say.

Rant... I have just done exactly the same with SWMBO's home made chicken soup, just can't resist that extra bowl.
                  Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Visited my brother today and called in to Bur&er K*ng, ordered a few burgers and a few sides, only to find one burger missing on the way home. I really don't mean to be rude but how hard can it be?
                    Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

• Just want to add a groan of recognition about 'all you can eat' buffets. Apparently people eat two or three times as much as normal at those things! They certainly make my self control go out of the window.
                      My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• I don't feel well again. Can I be allergic to Wednesdays?

Comment

• My rant is the mirror image: Tea / coffee with "unlimited refills". It's difficult to catch the waitress for even one refill, more than one? impossible.
                          Last edited by chris; 30-07-2014, 11:56 AM. Reason: Removed chat
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Piggin Voles..........................I don't mind you nibbling at the tatties, honest, but finish one before starting another.............
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• My memory/concentration. I was so immersed in getting two vehicles in two different places, that I left all the paperwork for the old one, together with my bag, containing wallet, cards and cash in my weeding bucket ON THE RUDDY DRIVE!!

Thankfully they were still there when I got back an hour later. PHHHEEEEEEWWWWW!! *Mops brow.

Gin, anyone?
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Pussy cat is not well, poor old thing, she looks awful, back to vet first thing tomorrow morning for results of her blood test.
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X