Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really annoyed by the huge mark up on animal health things. Just paid £8.99 for something for the mutt which is the cheapest I could get it for after searching the net for ages first. I also found the same item (exactly the same item) for £16.99, £23.99 & £29.99!

It's supposed to be something that's available through vets but it's not prescription only so other animal / pet sites can legally sell it. Shame they felt they needed to stick on the huge mark up normally associated with buying from your vet. I love our vet and would try to support him wherever I could but I'm not financially well off so I always need to source as cheaply as possible. This isn't the first time I've come across a big difference in price like this. Everybody needs to profit but some really try it on! Imo!

Comment

• Rant number 1: Blight! I don't think I need to say any more than that.

Comment

• Rant Number 2: Cabbage white caterpillars.

Comment

• Do you know what...I'm adding rant number 3: netting which is sold as being meant to keep off cabbage whites and quite clearly doesn't.

The kale and brassica leaves I harvested yesterday were under said netting and I found loads of caterpillars.

But another lesson learned...enviromesh next year.

Comment

• Even with Environmesh,they got to,one, I didn't bother to check, assuming they'd be ok! Wrong ! So do ensure you secure it down v safely, they are very determined.!
            DottyR

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlefox2000 View Post
              Do you know what...I'm adding rant number 3: netting which is sold as being meant to keep off cabbage whites and quite clearly doesn't.

The kale and brassica leaves I harvested yesterday were under said netting and I found loads of caterpillars.

But another lesson learned...enviromesh next year.
              That would be the green butterfly netting. This year I tried Wilko's black pond protection netting it has much smaller holes. So far only three caterpillar's all season. Best of all it's on offer at the mo £1 for 2 x 4 metres.
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• back to work after nearly three weeks off.....Joy!!!!

Comment

• Learning bizarre and awful news. There are some wicked people in this world. Hopefully what goes around, comes around.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• The ice bucket challenge.

I declined to do it but did offer to donate to ALS, Water Aid (for obvious reasons) and Spinal Injuries Scotland because I was being a party pooper. I have been put down on FB by a family member who also demanded proof of my donation as she seems to think because I won't do the ice challenge that somehow I must be lying about making a donation. I am absolutely livid, she has congratulated all her friends for doing the challenge but never once asked them for proof of their donation.

I made my first donation, £20 to Spinal Injuries Scotland and shared it on facebook as part of this proof that she wants and again she put me down, saying I was just showing off now as it was only £10 I was supposed to give, I feel like sheet.
                    My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Finishing work in the morning and wasting the day by sleeping!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                      Carrie

Comment

• females who scream & squeal. You're not six (it's not even cute in six year olds). Grow up
                        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Ananke, tell that family member that President Obama agrees with you - BBC News - Obama refuses ice bucket challenge, but donates instead - and to stop being a d***

My rant: I was looking forward to a walk round Raveningham Hall Gardens (Raveningham Estate) on our day out today, but just discovered they are closed on Fridays. Why can't they be open when I want to go?
                          Last edited by Nicos; 22-08-2014, 09:04 AM. Reason: ;)
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Why does it always start to rain, just after I've watered the toms?
                            DottyR

Comment

• Rude people (1 man) who barge in front of you to get on tube.
                              DottyR

Comment

• A cat snoring in you face when your trying to have a lie in!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X