Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked at the beds at allotment,or rather the weeds! Feel indeed someone to help clear them and help plant all the onion sets, garlic,and Broad beans. Oh dear, am being a bit pathetic aren't i? There is so much to do this time of year!
    DottyR

Comment

• Plantar fasciitis suffers - get thee some better supportive footwear. I suffered badly a year or more ago, and chucked my old faithfuls. I now have arch supporting insoles, and gel pads under the heels of all my footwear.

Also, if you have one leg longer than the other (you can tell from your hips when standing straight), put gel lifts in the shoe of the shorter leg.

My rant? Dark early, innit!?
      Last edited by Glutton4...; 14-09-2014, 06:52 PM.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• My back has been a bit sore last couple of days by my shoulder blades. I've put it down to the digging. I've just opened a bottle of pop and something in my back snapped.

What a ridiculous way to injure yourself. How blinking stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
        Bex

Comment

• Was going to moan aboutmy cold but realised others are so much worse off.....my rant...

people having to suffer at the ideals of others
          Last edited by Greenleaves; 15-09-2014, 02:31 AM.

Comment

• People that hatch chicks, give the boys names and then wonder why nobody wants them! Get a grip, only hatch if you are prepared to cull the ones you don't want - cos no b@gger else wants them either.

Comment

• Rotten sod or sods who broke into our allotment site at the weekend. becoming a regular occurrence and they are coming prepared with bolt cutters to cut their way in and knives to cut and trim veg before they leave. My own plot got done. Cauliflower I needed for a show this coming weekend taken along with onions and beetroot. I would swear and I'm sure you all know the words I would use

Comment

• Dog demanding I give him his ball. Searched all over the house and garden, and I can't find it. Those big sad eyes are pleading with me, and I have no idea where he has put it!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• When work are being funny with you and won't swop a shift, but they will do it for someone else. Should be my weekend off but work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                  Carrie

Comment

• No, that T-shirt that you've been wearing all day (laying paths, thankyou) is not a suitable substitute for the tea towel.
                    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Middle Golden Girl aged 16 has just got home from 7 this morning in A & E. Back pain from the early hours of the morning, no trauma. It took them over 10 hours to find out that blood and urine tests and orthopaedic assessment were all normal and that 2 doses of morphine didn't help. She has been sent home with Diazepam and Dihydrocodeine and booked for an MRI. My rant? I bladdy work there and went to the department twice - they weren't busy I shall expect an explanation tomorrow when I complain
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• OH who sits and looks miserable for hours just because he isn't "allowed" to play golf with his buddies again tomorrow to practice for his next week golfing break in Turkey!! Im in work and the shopping and housework needs doing!! Priorities. Get them sorted. No way am I cleaning and shopping when he is away on a jollie. I've got buddies to catch up with !!

Comment

• Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                          No, that T-shirt that you've been wearing all day (laying paths, thankyou) is not a suitable substitute for the tea towel.
                          Looks good to me, very suitable.

Mince pies for sale in supermarkets that have an expiry date of next week. Its not Christmad next week!

Comment

• Originally posted by cardiffsteve View Post
                            Looks good to me, very suitable.

Mince pies for sale in supermarkets that have an expiry date of next week. Its not Christmad next week!
                            A mincepie is for life, not just for Christmad.

Rant: Car insurance companies. The only way that I can have continuous insurance cover when changing a car is to have the new one miraculously replace the old one with an accompanying puff of smoke.

I understand that this can happen if I part exchange my car at a garage, for instance, but if there is any overlap in car ownership between old and new cars, either one remains uninsured, or temporary cover can be bought at approx £25 per DAY. Fine if the old/new transaction takes place pretty immediately, not so good if I have an old (now uninsured) car sitting on my drive waiting for a buyer to materialise.#

Is it me?????

Comment

• Getting right excited thinking thinking I'd found some sloes/damsons but not been able to ID them and throwing them away. Better than being dead though I suppose
                              Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

• Dentist today
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X