This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Noosner View Post
    I am GUTTED. Mr Noosner, thinking he was being helpful, cleared and took to the tip all my apparently dead bean plants. But they were my DRIED beans (Gigantes) drying on the vine. I just CANNOT believe it. I had been carefully tending them since April. Why didn't he ASK me first? The thing is, even though he knows I'm really upset, I can't even be properly cross with him because he was all chuffed with himself for helping out. I just had to take the dog out for a walk in the dark and cry my eyes out walking round the park!

(Our garden is tiny, and my three compost bags/bins are already full, which is why he thought the tip was a good idea.)
    My OH did the same last year and a few years ago my friends stepson peeled his chitting spuds and one year my Step Dad used the wooden slats from my Green house staging as kindling

...bet that makes you feel better
    Last edited by Scarlet; 21-11-2014, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• ... and Pisky's Hubby (I think it was Pisky's anyway.) threw away a whole bin bag full of washed, saved flower pots ...
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• My rant? Forgetfulness.

1. Drove past dog-walking parking spot, had to then drive a mile to turn round and go back, by which time my mate had started to leave ...
        2. Forgot to go to Butcher, so had to raid the freezer for some obscure unlabelled item for dinner ...
        3. Forgot to leave eggs for friend who buys loads each week ...
        4. I'm sure there was a fourth, but I can't ruddy remember it!
        Last edited by Glutton4...; 21-11-2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          My OH did the same last year and a few years ago my friends stepson peeled his chitting spuds and one year my Step Dad used the wooden slats from my Green house staging as kindling

...bet that makes you feel better
          Ohh yeah, that does make me feel better, Scarlet. Especially the greenhouse staging as kindling, what a classic!! Top marks for that.

So far I have gained (from Mr Noosner's mistake) a bunch of flowers, some hoovering, ringing up the man to fix our gas fire, a portion of chips, 2 cups of tea and the promise of tea cooked tomorrow night... d'you think I'd better stop milking it now?
          My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• And my son kindly 'weeded' my asparagus patch and proudly showed me the mound of triffids he'd dug up but he was only 6

Comment

• When are the cabbage white caterpillars going to stop? Just been out to the garden to find hordes of them munching their way through the winter radish leaves!!!
              Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• I'd just like to say a big thank you to the 2 neighbouring plot-holders who have both blitzed the accesing path to my plot so much with weedkiller this year that there is virtually nothing growing on it now.

Needless to say, after the monsoon like rain we've had recently - the path is now 30 metres of total mud which is like an ice-rink to walk upon.

Yes, I did skid/slide and come a cropper on my way out today - absolute embarrassment making my home, caked in mud.

However, good excuse to jump into a bath, have myself a nice drink and catch up on here.
                .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Well I never, just as the puppy (nearly 4 months) learns how to go outside for toilet functions than her big sister (a year and a half) has decided she can 'go' indoors again! Regression.
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

• Attention-seeking, Jeanie!

Comment

• My actual rant is aimed at PW.

I was going to watch the highlights of the England Rugby match today. Git!
                      Last edited by Glutton4...; 23-11-2014, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Yup, back again!

I know horsey folk have a reputation of being Nutters, but this one is about as mental as they get. Her daughter is as bad. I want to punch both of them.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!

Comment

• You do make me laugh G4,start counting,

my rant eeeeeeeeeerm..............the weather
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• This flemmin website can be so unco-operative. Why is it when you want to point to the immediately preceding post like so ^^^^^^^^^^^, the flemmin thing goes to a new page and you end up pointing at nuttin (when you intended to point to a nutter)

Comment

• ^^^^ Nutter!!

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                              This flemmin website can be so unco-operative. Why is it when you want to point to the immediately preceding post like so ^^^^^^^^^^^, the flemmin thing goes to a new page and you end up pointing at nuttin (when you intended to point to a nutter)
                              Its even worse when the ^^^^Nutter is aimed at your own name

Comment

• Accidentally leaving a pair of 3/4 work trousers in the cupboard of the room I had last week.
                                Asked if they'd been handed in - no.
                                Asked for the key to that room so I could get them out of the cupboard....they're not there!

What sort of person steals your pants!
                                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X